Anyone shortened the loupe yet?? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old April 6th, 2014, 03:38 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Anyone shortened the loupe yet??

I just used black electrical tape, but I know in a few months it won't look nice anymore. I thought of making some kind of catch, latch, or screws to hold it together, perhaps with a thin strip of black felt glued on the inside of the tube to block the light. then the hack would be reversible.

If I want to make it permanent, then I guess I would try to find something that works like electrical tape, but permanent, like some kind of epoxy tape.
Steve Bobilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #17
Inner Circle

I just put epoxy on the edges and squished it together ..the tape was simply to hold the tubes together until it set but it wouldn't come off of course! Black plastic tape looks smart and mine is almost invisible and doesn't look at all tatty after a month of hard use. If it gets rough looking then it's easy enough to rip it off (in pieces) and put a new strip on.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2014, 09:58 AM   #18
Regular Crew

This works so well. Why did Sony make it so long, ugly and hard to use with the shoulder support?

I waited until I needed a couple of other things from Amazon before ordering my close-up lenses (£12 for a pack of four 52mm - +1, +2, +4 and +10) and they arrived today.

Dismantled the loupe assembly in about three minutes. Screwed in the lens and put it back together without the centre section. I was pleased to feel the snug fit of the new joint. Used black tape to hold it together but I know I'll glue it. It looks great and the diopter adjustment is back to the midpoint for my eyes. Perfect.

And now I have three close-up lenses to use on my 52mm filter thread Nikon lenses. I not expecting much in terms of quality but I bet I'll have some fun with them.
Martyn Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 09:10 AM   #19
Trustee

Hey Guys,

Post deleted. I was mistaken about something.

Steve
Old May 19th, 2015, 07:07 PM   #20
Inner Circle

No problem Steve but just for interest after 24 months my tape on my loupe mods is still looking good ..I'm actually surprised it hasn't started peeling away but it looks as good as the day I did the mod ... maybe the quikset epoxy had something to do with it??

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)