Pixellation in 50P/60P mode - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old August 31st, 2014, 02:17 AM   #61
Regular Crew

Re: Pixellation in 50P/60P mode

the video is perfect jody other users have the same quality without profile,with the kit lens with full zoom OUT???
has ΝΟ trace of moire or aliasing
is one of the best video that I've seen so far, my camera does not have this quality
Serggio Lamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2014, 03:45 AM   #62
Regular Crew

I talked to my dealer and he told me to send mails to Sony Primesupport, I sent mails to Primesupport about the problem and wait for an answer.
Old September 2nd, 2014, 01:44 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Searching the internet to see video images from the model NEX-EA50UH (is the North American version) model is best images from the model that I have NEX-EA50EH why;
no trace of moire or aliasing
appreciate any comments you might have
See an example
Old September 2nd, 2014, 03:25 PM   #64
Major Player

I'm fairly sure that all the models would use the exact same hardware (sensor, etc). It doesn't make any sense to me that some would have better image quality than others.

The only difference seems to be the EK, UK and K versions, which have the 18-200mm manual lens.
Jody Arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2014, 06:38 PM   #65
Inner Circle

Quite correct... only the K versions have the 18-200 lens without power zoom otherwise the camera are all identical ... I have to assume that the camera has been set up correctly but the car video exposure is a bit worrying to start with as that was very badly over exposed.

It might be worth going through all the menus on the camera and checking that things are set up correctly ..the manual shows you the default settings which will be a good start point.

Otherwise I'm at a loss ??

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2014, 10:56 PM   #66
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Arnott View Post
It doesn't make any sense to me that some would have better image quality than others.
Jody,then give you my camera and give me yours.(joke Jody)
Old September 4th, 2014, 05:53 AM   #67
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
It might be worth going through all the menus on the camera and checking that things are set up correctly ..the manual shows you the default settings which will be a good start point.
Chris
Chris i make reset the camera with default settings,the problem persists.These problems I have in all rec mode,with or without profile, have posted some videos in Sony PrimeSupport,and wait for the news.This Saturday wedding and I have lost him, it was the first job with this camera, shame betrayed !!!

PS.The problem I have now mentioned a week to my dealer, and do not cover it with another camera until my camera is repaired.Or so I was promised when I bought the camera in fortunes fault my other camera column until my camera is repaired.
Old September 19th, 2014, 04:22 AM   #68
New Boot

The problem from the first post seems to be caused by u709gamma curve witch always do wierd things in highlight area. I would avoid ,u709 gamma on this camera
D.X. Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 05:24 AM   #69
Inner Circle

Quite correct but only in 50P mode. I shoot all the time with PP3 and have no highlight posterisation at all but I shoot in 50i which is more forgiving than 50P ... the secret is simply avoid bright areas outdoors if you want to use PP3 which uses the 709 profile and expose correctly. If you look at Serggio's video he posted of the car, you can see how much the footage was over exposed which will cause the issue in PP3 because it's knee settings are different. With PP3 knee settings your shadow details are lifted a LOT ..The simple answer to all this is to lift the colour level up at least 4 points (that will give more saturation and also correct overexposure a bit) and then use a knee setting from something like PP4

Simple as that. I find that the other profiles not using 709 tend to crush the blacks far too much for me!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 08:17 AM   #70
New Boot

with this camera you can not get a very flat image with ultra low contrast
for max dynamic range and smoothest highlight transition on EA50 this is my personal setting that you can give it a try.
black +15, Standard gamma, black gamma high+7, knee manual 75%+1slope, color mode cinematone1+8, color level -3, detail -7 (greatly reduce aliasing)

often i feel sony and panasonic put crappy presets on their pro cameras on purpose...

in complex scenes shooting 60p seems to give me more aliasing and moire than 30p
50I and 25p should have less information to compress where as 50p and 60p needs more compression i suppose.
D.X. Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2014, 07:25 AM   #71
Regular Crew

SOS!!!!!!
The problem with moire and aliasing is come back today,going crazy......I have to shoot video the wedding to evening,going crazy.....searching for another cameraman for the wedding for the second time, I lost three marriages + shame for my store,this time uploading some video to see the problem that my camera,Services by the Sony sent the camera can not detect the problem.in which the one comes and another goes,will require a new camera from Sony.
Old October 5th, 2014, 09:41 AM   #72
Inner Circle

I don't understand, so Sony service cannot detect the problem yet you say it is so bad you can't use the camera on a paid job?

You say the problem has come back today, do you mean it was ok before?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2014, 10:27 AM   #73
Regular Crew

The problem that shows me is so intense that I have not even done a job for delivery to customer. Will upload some link to see the problem, and tell me all users of this camera if you could work with this tradition the acute problems.
Please download the mts not play from browser.
1---- https://www.dropbox.com/s/heum1zfd2w...00215.MTS?dl=0
2---- https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1idlm9tfr...00220.MTS?dl=0
3---- https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9n5por7j2...00221.MTS?dl=0
4---- https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl3osr4ap4...00222.MTS?dl=0
5---- https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dpzz5o9as...00223.MTS?dl=0
the image from sensor
1---- https://www.dropbox.com/s/i24hviycgz..._5093.jpg?dl=0
2---- https://www.dropbox.com/s/mi6ws6wica..._5094.jpg?dl=0
this dirt had not the sensor when the camera send in service, nevertheless He wrote better, but not that better than other ea50 I've seen, from the beginning to buy something that does not stump me, this shows problems we see I do 1-4 times reset the camera and not returned, only when you WANT this will settle down after a while but the problem appears again without being able to identify when self's coming back.
Old October 5th, 2014, 11:31 AM   #74
Inner Circle

I think what you see is "normal" for this camera, the interlacing/moire artifacts appear worse on fine detail if you are shooting handheld. I do believe however you can use this camera for weddings without much issue.

Maybe some other nex-ea50 users can chime in and download the samples and see what they think?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2014, 12:08 PM   #75
Regular Crew

Noa Put What you see is not at all normal but no.

has no relationship at all with this video that you have post them here, see the tiles, and a tripod to put the slightest movement has the same effect, there is the issue of the tripod.
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex...-aliasing.html post #1

download my mts and play in full hd monitor i have 42 lg.The camera records in full hd,i make blu ray or dvd,no in Matchbox window,or vimeo,youtube window,FULL SCREEN PLAY, was paid FULL HD and this requires FULL HD,another 5-8mbs and another 24,28mbs.
Serggio Lamas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)