best lens with canon mount for EA50 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old September 18th, 2014, 07:53 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: best lens with canon mount for EA50

I recently sold my EA50 along with the kit lens. Damn I miss that lens!
It was great for shooting live performances (although a bit slow). But coupled with face detection and push auto focus, it worked great.
Dmitri Zigany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:12 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Serggio did say for weddings. Yes the 18-200 for sports is pretty good and if I did those I would have kept at least one.

Dmitri? Why don't you buy another one for the FS?? They are available

My only other shoots are Realty and stedicam and I use a Tamron 10-24 and just set zone focus as the DOF at 10mm is massive!!

Different lenses for different jobs. I must admit I do miss the touch focus on the LCD ..that was awesome!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 01:24 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Awesome Aaron!

If you sell your stock lens, do yourself a favour and also get a Tamron 17-50 F2.8 ...really useful lens for weddings and wide enough and you can pick them up nice and cheap on eBay. If you can (and are not using a Smart Adapter) look for the non-IS models are they are much cheaper ...I'm running dumb adapters so IS/VC doesn't work anyway.

Chris
Thanks Chris,

I have the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 already. My last one to complete my set is the Sigma. I think I will pick that one up soon.
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 07:15 AM   #19
Regular Crew

had the pleasure of working with the fujinon 19-90mm f2.9 (mounted with an E-PL adapter). would love to be able to use this lens constantly.

alas, to buy one would cost more than all the stuff I own :(
David Wibowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:12 PM   #20
Regular Crew

i have canon 5d mark ii and looking for Full-Frame Zoom lens to use both with ea50,using both together.
which lenses recommended?
Serggio Lamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:38 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serggio Lamas View Post
i have canon 5d mark ii and looking for Full-Frame Zoom lens to use both with ea50,using both together.
which lenses recommended?
My wife is a photographer and she uses Canon Mark III and she was using the Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 lens and found that it kind of hit and miss on her when shooting. That lens is roughly $900, give or take a few. I bought her a Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 and she is in love with it and it cost 2K and i got her Tamron for my EA50. So it is a matter of what your budget will allow. I use a EF - NEX adapter and I'm in heaven with my Tamron on my EA50. I just shot some footage today for two different TV shows and the footage looks awesome compared to the kit leans i was using for the EA.
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)