Selling Equipment at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old December 15th, 2014, 02:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Selling Equipment

Anyone have any luck selling on these forums. I'm looking to sell both my Ea50's plus some extra equipment. Or would I be better off at Ebay and paying them. I tried to sell photo equipment on a forum once but there is no trust even though I have an excellent ebay rating.
Thanks Chris
Chris Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 02:27 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Selling Equipment

This is the best place to do it. My advice - give members the price you'd actually net after all the ebay fees. Then again, there are only so many of us, so sometimes eBay can reach buyers for the more obscure items.
Old December 15th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I still find that ebay is a better medium as people go there specifically to buy and I'm in Australia !

As you are USA based I would still post initially here as only videographers come here. When you do post in classifieds here just remember to not expect a forum reply as 90% of people on the forum are just visitors! Make sure that you have some contact details in your ad so visitors can access them and contact you.

They will also sell easier if you list them individually ... Not many will want two cameras from one sale.

Good luck ...are you quitting filming or changing cameras??
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

You can try our classifieds forum first, give it about a week, and then take it to Ebay and post your auction / BIN link in our Ebay forum. Or if you choose to go straight to Ebay and not our classifieds, then be sure to at least post in our Ebay forum with your auction / BIN link. Either way, we've got you covered. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 11:55 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes I'm quitting, cannot seem to get much work. I had a couple pros help me with some free wedding videos I did and they turned out way better than I expected. Photography is way down too. People seem to be happy with all the iphone photos and videos they receive from their wedding guests. I might still try to do some editing. I know its weird but I liked the editing more than the filming. I put the cameras on ebay auction for 7 days and nothing. But I listed them with a lot of stuff.
Chris
Chris Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 06:09 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Hi Chris

I tend to replace my cameras every 18 months or so and you are highly unlikely to sell a "complete kit" easily especially on eBay

I would advertise all the gear here and price individually as well as a "$$$ for the lot" price. On eBay you will need to rather list the items individually as there are a lot of people out there who only want one camera and not a whole setup.

Strange that you didn't get any wedding work ..I have bookings right thru to 2016 already. If you like editing your other option would be to keep your gear and offer someone the opportunity to shoot your weddings with your gear and you edit them.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 06:56 PM   #7
Major Player

Wow Chris Brown, I'm sorry to hear about the lack of work. I'm from Michigan as well and I get a fair amount of videography jobs. My problem is that I only have a limited amount of time because of my normal job, so I hired a couple Videographers to shoot on the days that I can't. The thing is in our territory people look for the cheapest price a lot of times and they end up with the guy down the street who bought a $400 camcorder, but that is the market you don't want to be in anyway. I'm not a professional by any means but my clients have all been very happy with the rendered product. We have put ourselves on Facebook and also a few wedding sites that attract the brides that pay the normal fee for Wedding Videography and Photography.
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)