Accessories for Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old February 21st, 2015, 10:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Accessories for Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8

I am finally going to order the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 for my EA-50, because I've heard such good things about it. (thanks Chris Harding ) I already have a dumb adapter for a canon EF mount—the adapter is not the question—I would like to know folks suggestions about other accessories such as filters, cleaners, cap keepers, etc.

If I were to spend an extra $150 (US), what should I get as part of a "kit" for this lens?
Steve Bobilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 07:21 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Accessories for Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8

Hey Steve

It's a brilliant lens and does come with end caps ... I know I'm bad and don't have a UV filter for mine but you probably should have one. If you are using it outdoors and are going to be looking at shots where you might want to use shallow DOF (it's awesome at F1.8!) then you might have to invest in a variable ND filter ..Probably the Genus would be good but don't buy any cheap ones. If you have an ND on there you don't need the UV either.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)