Considering a 2nd EA50. Seeking advice. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old May 5th, 2016, 10:39 AM   #31
Major Player

Re: Considering a 2nd EA50. Seeking advice.

Your administrator has disabled private messaging.

Now I know why I didn't find that. But who is the administrator here?
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2016, 04:40 AM   #32
Major Player

bought a second hand FS100 yesterday with low hours, just like new for a cheap price. Had to drive to the netherlands but it's was worth it. I was a studio that bought a 4K fS7 for super slowmo so the FS100 was on sale.

Tested against the ea50 and the low light performance is so good. Even with the stocklens from the ea50
@ 27 dB it's clean. amazing! The picture is sharper as well but the ea50 still does a very good job here.

Even handhold it's good for me. I didn't know I could use the powerzoom on the lens itself when putted it on the FS100. So that's good news. Stupid I didn't know that.

so far so good. Glad I didn't bought a A7s but a real camcorder.

I don't understand why these FS100 are so cheap these days. My output is 90% on dvd and 10% on blu ray so these camcorders are outstanding for this.
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2016, 05:09 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
I don't understand why these FS100 are so cheap these days
Maybe it's because it first came out 5 years ago and they don't make it anymore? Camerabodies always loose value fast, that's why you better invest in good glass because that could last you a lifetime. Also 4K makes HD only camera loose value fast, same when the first HDV camera's came out, the longer you waited the harder it got to sell a good SD camera.
That also means you can make really good deals, like your fs100, if it was well taken care off and doesn't have too much hours you can easily use it for a few more years.
I think the fs100 was also one of Sony's better camera's, I only find it's design to awkward and not good for handheld shooting. I only wished they had put in the same sensor in the nex-ea50 so it had similar performance, that could have made the ea50 more popular.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)