What's next camera with my ea50m - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old April 17th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: What's next camera with my ea50m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rush View Post
Mine is the international version and it stops after 29 minutes - some more info here

Sony a7S video recording time limit: Sony Alpha/NEX E-mount Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
What a mess Sony have made for this beast of a camera.

Are there no hackers out there that can mod it to remove the limit ??? I would actually pay a small fee for this hack.

Having said that, their A7S low light sensor is probably going in to a Camcorder sometime this year anyway.
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 02:45 PM   #17
Major Player

The A7s sensor in an EA50 type body would be amazing! I would probably sell most of my cameras and buy a couple of those immediately.
David Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2015, 03:47 PM   #18
Trustee

OK before I purchase does anyone know if the Sony LAEA4 adapter will allow image stabilization on the lens with the EA50?

I am looking at picking up Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM and Sigma 70-200mm f/1.8 DC HSM lenses with A-mounts and was wondering if the IS is transmitted to the EA50M. Autofocus and Iris supposedly work but with this long lens I am more wanting onboard IS on the lens to work with the EA50M.
Old April 19th, 2015, 10:27 PM   #19
Major Player

LAEA4 - is for full frame E Mount cams
LAEA2 - is fro crop sensor E Mount cams

Here in the Handbook on page 2 is an interesting chart for the LA-EA2

SONY EA50 HANBOOK

I'm sure steadyshot is preserved but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm still looking because it is an interesting question...

Found another chart that would interest you: Differences Between LA-EA1, LA-EA2, LA-EA3, LA-EA4
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2015, 05:37 AM   #20
Trustee

The LAEA2 will work with APS-C and Full Frame cameras. But the mirror is smaller so it doesn't use the full sensor on a full frame camera. The LAEA2 is no longer available and the LAEA4 is the adapter going forward for a-mount to e-mount adaptability.

The new LAEA4 will also work on both APS-C and Full Frame cameras. However the new larger mirror covers the full sensor on a full frame camera for better results.

I think the IS should work on cameras that don't have built in IS, but was looking for confirmation of this. As Sony confuses things on their cameras as they say that their DSLR or Mirrorless cameras have onboard IS, so they disable functionality on lenses that have IS, as well as not release Alpha mount lenses that have IS on them. An example if the Tamron VC 70-200mm 2.8 lens. The EF and Nikon have IS on the lens, but the Sony mount does not. The reasoning is that their cameras have IS on the body. But this isn;t true with all of their cameras such as the A7s.

The new Sony A7 Mark2 looks like it could rock with its 5 point axis stabilisation, but the low light doens't compare to the A7s. Too bad or that would be a no trainer for me.

Last edited by Michael Liebergot; April 20th, 2015 at 07:22 AM.
Michael Liebergot is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)