Diopter for LCD screen only at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)
Including NEX-EA50UH / EA50EH / EA50H / EA50UK / EA50EK / EA50K

Old April 27th, 2015, 09:16 AM   #1
Trustee

Diopter for LCD screen only

Over the last couple of years my eyesight has started to go, and as such have become farsighted and need reading glasses to read and shoot with.

First off I hate wearing them because I can't wear them all of the time to both see LCD camera screen and area around me. Also the glasses slip from time to time.

Now with that said the Sony diopter tube does come in handy as I can focus it to work with or without my glasses (BTW glasses + eyepiece is annoying) but I don't want to shoot with it all of the time.

So I was wondering if anyone had come across a magnifyer diopter that could snap on to a LCD screen.
I have been looking and find it amazing that the only options are diopter loops to snap on the LCD screen.

Last edited by Pete Bauer; April 27th, 2015 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Fixed typo in title
Michael Liebergot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2015, 10:49 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Diopter for LCD screen only

When I went to the eye doctor to get new glasses I somehow convinced them to give a prescription for the "reading" part of my bifocals to have a reading distance of about 7-8 inches. This was solely for me to look at the camera whilst shooting. Works like a charm when I hold the camera on my shoulder. (When I read or use the computer I have to use other glasses)

I did the shortening of the loop and added diopter lenses as was discussed in an earlier thread. But like you I prefer looking at the LCD screen.
Steve Bobilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2015, 06:11 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Guys

You can get a reading magnifier in the form of a Fresnel lens and they are cheap as chips too!! Look on eBay for a credit card size reading magnifier ...It's a thin piece of plastic that magnifies text on a page for people with poor eyesight. In fact if you drop the view tube at the hinge so the LCD has a "frame" around it ..these work perfectly!! I think I paid $2.20 for two of them including shipping!!

tool outlook Picture - More Detailed Picture about 2 Pcs Pocket Credit Card Sized Magnifier PVC Magnification Lens Reading Tools Picture in Magnifiers from la aptitud | Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 09:59 AM   #4
Trustee

Chris great idea.
I ordered a couple of the Fresnel magnifiers. Hopefully this will work well with the lcd screen.
Old October 11th, 2015, 05:12 AM   #5
Major Player

Have you considered bifocal.
Quality Bifocal Reading Glasses
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2015, 02:34 PM   #6
Major Player

I think hoodman has what you are looking for. https://hoodmanusa.com/cgi/commerce....&category=0114

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants)