DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/)
-   -   Question for manual shutter speed (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/529945-question-manual-shutter-speed.html)

Serggio Lamas October 4th, 2015 01:28 PM

Question for manual shutter speed

sometimes I want to use manual shutter speed with ea 50 but no changes,remains in automatic,I do not do it often but sometimes while I push the button for manual shutter speed does not accept.I use lens 16 50 and 18-105.
Ps.The switch is in the body It is in manual and the focus in automatic,whether to put the focus in the manual.the manual shutter speed it functions properly, only auto focus sometimes does not let me choose manual shutter speed,and that I do not always do it.
what happens?

Nick Fotis October 4th, 2015 03:54 PM

Re: Question for manual shutter speed

It has happened to us during the past weekend.
We had to reset the camera in order to get back the manual shutter speed selection.
Don't know why it did happen, my buddy is in possesion of the EA50.

N.F.

Randy Johnson October 5th, 2015 02:54 PM

I dont know if this is the case but learned you cant manually change the shutter when the auto focus is on.

Steven Digges October 5th, 2015 08:55 PM

Gentlemen,

To trouble shoot always go back to the basics. No offence intended, just help offered.

First, the AF switch has nothing to do with manual shutter operation, at all. If it effects it there is a bug in the system.

Second, there is an auto/manual switch that affects everything the camera does. If it is in auto you CAN NOT access manual anything. If it is in manual you can individually select almost every major control to place them in auto or manual as you desire.

To manually select shutter speed the camera must be in manual mode, then push the shutter button until the number is in a white box, then use the same wheel that scrolls through the MENU to change the speed.

If you do all of that properly and it does not work you have a problem.

Kind Regards,

Steve

Marlon Martins October 6th, 2015 09:44 AM

that's not the "face detection" thing? (where you can't change the setting while FD is activated?)

Steven Digges October 6th, 2015 11:02 AM

Bingo....You may have it Marlin, I forgot about that. Were you guys using using face detection at the time? When you activate face detection it also takes over other settings. The camera assumes those areas are your priority so it sets exposure for them as a priority mode.

Steve

Randy Johnson October 6th, 2015 11:39 AM

I have face detection on all the time all I know is if I am in a situation where I need to adjust the shutter ie low light church. I need the switch the auto focus switch down to the off position. if I dont I cant manually adjust the shutter speed. Maybe since I already have face detection on IF I were to disengage face detection instead of turning off the shutter I would get the same result. I dont know havent tried it.

David Barnett October 6th, 2015 01:41 PM

I have a Z5U which has a Auto/Manual switch, but also an Iris/Exposure switch which when in that mode (Exposure), I believe it cannot adjust shutter speed either. Obviously you cannot when in full Auto either. It seems the EA50 has an Iris button, are you sure that isn't selected when you're trying to adjust Shutter Speed?