DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NEX-EA50 (all variants) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/)
-   -   Sony Lenses (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-ea50-all-variants/530574-sony-lenses.html)

Randy Johnson December 7th, 2015 12:56 PM

Sony Lenses

I while ago someone here said Sony may be coming out with a 17-50 or 28-75 @ 2.8 for the Sony NEX line possibly with zoom and auto focus. Did that ever happen? Or is there more info on it?

John Wiley December 7th, 2015 07:20 PM

Re: Sony Lenses

Sony recently announced a 24-70mm f/2.8, but it is definitely not cheap!

Randy Johnson December 8th, 2015 09:38 AM

Does it offer servo zoom?

John Wiley December 9th, 2015 12:24 AM

Strangely, I can't seem to find anything about it anymore other than rumours of an announcement.

Perhaps I was actually dreaming, as I do recall reading something more along the lines of a press release than a rumour, and in particular I remember reading peoples disappointed reactions to the high price which led me to believe it was well beyond the whispers and conjecture stage.

Apologies for the mistake, as I am not usually one to propagate rumours before they become truth! As for those rumours, they are pointing to a January announcement for this lens - which is designed as a photo-oriented partner for the A7 series (so I'd guess no servo) - but take that with a grain of salt!

David Barnett December 9th, 2015 11:00 AM

I remember that thread. It's here: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-alp...-new-lens.html

Randy Johnson December 11th, 2015 08:14 PM

Too rich for my blood

Dmitri Zigany December 12th, 2015 07:10 AM

A decent FE 24-70/f2.8 with stabilisation is what I'm waiting for.
Many times there's just no time for lens changes when I film things. And I need a second zoom for live events. Also I don't have a FE lens for the A7S which I would also like to do more stills photography with...

John Wiley December 13th, 2015 06:28 AM

Fly-by-wire focus is the reason I still use Canon lenses on all my E-mount cameras. Unless Sony changes this, I won't be spending big dollars on investing in native E or FE lenses. I still keep the cheap kit lenses around though, for those rare times when AF is needed.

Nick Fotis December 14th, 2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmitri Zigany (Post 1905103)
A decent FE 24-70/f2.8 with stabilisation is what I'm waiting for.
Many times there's just no time for lens changes when I film things. And I need a second zoom for live events. Also I don't have a FE lens for the A7S which I would also like to do more stills photography with...

I think only Nikon built such a beast, and it is not cheap either.

N.F.

Dmitri Zigany December 14th, 2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Fotis (Post 1905206)
I think only Nikon built such a beast, and it is not cheap either.

Tamron has a 24-70/2.8 with stabilisation and I think it's under €800...

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Wiley (Post 1905139)
Fly-by-wire focus is the reason I still use Canon lenses on all my E-mount cameras. Unless Sony changes this, I won't be spending big dollars on investing in native E or FE lenses. I still keep the cheap kit lenses around though, for those rare times when AF is needed.

I don't know. I've rented Canon lenses a few times and I found the short focus throw rather flimsy and annoying. Actually prefer the fly-by-wire. For manual focus I have the manual Samyang cine lenses that at least have decent focus throw...

Peter Rush December 16th, 2015 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Wiley (Post 1905139)

Same here - for weddings there are a few key points in the day when AF is a must and for that I use the FE Zeiss 24-70 but the manual focus for that (very expensive, especially for F4) lens is crap so for the rest of the wedding day I use Canon 24-105 F4 and for the evening reception a Tamron 24-70 f2.8.

I would love a Sony FE 24-70 f2.8 with manual focussing like Canon - even if they do bring one out, Sony's pricing is way off compared to what you get - too expensive IMO