DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-vg10-vg20-vg30-vg900/)
-   -   VG2O Questions Answered- Footage coming. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nex-vg10-vg20-vg30-vg900/502301-vg2o-questions-answered-footage-coming.html)

Chris Barcellos November 9th, 2011 03:37 PM

Re: VG2O Questions Answered- Footage coming.

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos (Post 1695647)
About the golf shot, I will review what I did this evening.

I am attaching a still lifted from my Vegas time line. You can tell I had to boost levels a lot to get what I got in the end.

Tom Roper November 10th, 2011 08:34 PM

Dislikes:
cinematone, moire on the roof tiles

Other:
blocking looks like youtube related artifact

Curtis Campsall November 16th, 2011 09:42 AM

could you answer a quick question that the inaccurate specs do not even bother to mention.

Does the composite video out work during shooting. The reason why I ask is that I have a classic Steadicam JR with a daylight viewable monochrome screen.

This appears to be a perfect match with the 16mm pancake lens for event work, if there is monitor out on composite.

I could forgive the shortcomings if this is possible.

Chris Barcellos November 16th, 2011 11:15 AM

Curtis:

I've had the component HDMI hooked up while shooting, but haven't done the component or composite thing. I will try to check it out later today.

Chris Barcellos November 17th, 2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis Campsall (Post 1697466)
could you answer a quick question that the inaccurate specs do not even bother to mention.

Does the composite video out work during shooting. The reason why I ask is that I have a classic Steadicam JR with a daylight viewable monochrome screen.

This appears to be a perfect match with the 16mm pancake lens for event work, if there is monitor out on composite.

I could forgive the shortcomings if this is possible.

Curtis:

Good news. HDMI, Component video, and composite video all work during recording.

Curtis Campsall November 18th, 2011 08:43 AM

Thanks for taking the time to test the line outs.

Joel Crawford November 24th, 2011 10:03 AM

One point that needs to be made about the Manual dial:

All adjustments to exposure are in 1/3 stop intervals; it is not continuous. That means that on-the-fly adjustments are going to be visible in the footage. A further annoyance is that the VG10 has detents, so there's no hunting for the next 1/3 stop up or down.

I'll probably return the VG20, attractive as some of its features are. Quite disappointed.