So much for thr VG10 getting 24p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900
Interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorders using E-Mount lenses.

Old December 8th, 2011, 10:42 PM   #1
Trustee

So much for thr VG10 getting 24p

The VG10 is getting new firmware soon that will allow users to buy, then use, Sony's Alpha lens adapter. Many VG10 owners were hoping for the long requested 24p firmware upgrade. Looks like it won't be coming any time soon - at least it's not mentioned in the PDF for the upgrade:
http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4420526111.pdf.
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: So much for thr VG10 getting 24p

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vincent View Post
The VG10 is getting new firmware soon that will allow users to buy, then use, Sony's Alpha lens adapter. Many VG10 owners were hoping for the long requested 24p firmware upgrade. Looks like it won't be coming any time soon - at least it's not mentioned in the PDF for the upgrade:
http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4420526111.pdf.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like Sony has disappointed both the VG10 owners, and the potential VG20 owners. go figure.
jeff
Jeff Hinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Trustee

I understand trying to make a profit and all, but Sony seems so caviler in it's treatment of it's consumers that it's unsettling.

How giving the VG10 does anything other than make their customers happy, I don't know. I do know that plenty of people really thought this "upgrade" was going to have the 24p firmware (I know, b/c when I warned them not to get their hopes up too high, I was poo-pooed).

Wish I was wrong in this case. What has been interesting is that many people finally see it for what it is - a pure money grab w/ no added bonuses if you don't buy the $400 adapter (and presumably some more Sony glass).

This combined with the continued false advertising of the features on the VG20 all make for a lot of resentment towards Sony... It's almost if they're seeking it out.
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #4
Trustee

Peaking seems to be confirmed which is very necessary on the vg10 using manual lenses.......so it's not all bad news.
I've given up on the vg10 and am waiting for the NEX7.......I'm then finished until 4k comes around and I convince myself I need a 4k camera!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900