NEX-VG20 colour test at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900

Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900
Interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorders using E-Mount lenses.

Old January 12th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

NEX-VG20 colour test

Hello, when many people found out that the ability to change colour settings like sharpness and saturation didn't exist on the VG20 many people complained, however I wanted to see if I could still correct the video up to a good standard. Below is two images of the video I shot with the camcorder theres one photo with and without colour correction. This test was done really quickly, but I can still see great opportunities for the VG20's footage
Chris Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: NEX-VG20 colour test

Maybe it's just internet compression, but the CCed photo looks a bit softer...

And of course you can still color correct, but that's not the same as doing a proper DI. CCing is more about making one shot look like the next , whilst a DI is about much more severe color/gamma swings.

Thanks for the pic in any case.
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #3
HDV Cinema

I wonder why the left shot is so out of balance. Intentional?
Old January 15th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Well, I have sort of mislead you. With the footage being so yellow I just increased the amount of blue in the footage, although soon I will post a test where I have decreased saturation and all that stuff.
Chris Law is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900