Small steady rig rig for vg30? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900
Interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorders using E-Mount lenses.

Old May 4th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #1
Trustee

Small steady rig rig for vg30?

I just picked up a vg 30 and am happy with it. I wanted to find out if there is anything smaller than a steady cam type rig that people are using.
Thanks
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Small steady rig rig for vg30?

While not a Steadicam rig the Multirig by DVTec was a lifesaver for me and with practice and knowing it it noy a direct replacement for axSteadicam you can get some very nice quality steadicam type footage and it can be quite flexible in setup.
Old May 4th, 2014, 04:19 PM   #3
Trustee

Hi Don, good to hear from you. I have one of those , and took the pod and rail adapter and use it with my fs100 on a rail system. I Aliso have a steadycam knock off that works we'll. but in was thinking of something else smaller and easier to grab for quick shots.
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hey Bruce,
I think I do remember you saying at another time you had the Multirig. How about using something like the Manfrotto QR577 plate and release mechanism (if you aren't already). 2 plates, 1 on each camera and the base plate mechanism on the multirig allows for fast easy changeover from cam to cam. That way you only need 1 multirig. Unless I'm wrong I'm guessing you're only running 1 camera at a time (well maybe 1 on a tripod) so the QR should work for you. save you some bucks at the same time.
Old September 10th, 2014, 04:32 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Apologies for the poor image quality but here are two shots of my VG20 rig which I custom built for a recent music video shoot in Kyoto, Japan. These particular shots show the Vg20 with my Zeiss 24mm wide angle connected via a C/Y to NEX Speed Booster and a Schneider Optics Digicon 1/2 filter in the Matte box. Evening settings were: lens wide open at F2.8, focus at infinity, frame rate 50i, shutter 1/50th, zebras a5 100% with gain set to Auto but with +/- ajustments via the user thumb wheel.

The other two 'location' shots show the VG20 rigged for telephoto shooting with separate/synched audio.
Attached Thumbnails
Small steady rig rig for vg30?-kyoto-evening.jpg   Small steady rig rig for vg30?-kyoto_location.jpg  

Small steady rig rig for vg30?-zeiss-600f4.jpg   Small steady rig rig for vg30?-vg20_audio.jpg  

Craig Marshall is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900