NEX VG-20E SD Ingesting? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900

Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900
Interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorders using E-Mount lenses.

Old September 26th, 2014, 01:18 AM   #1
New Boot

NEX VG-20E SD Ingesting?

Hey guys, looking for a bit of assistance clearing left over data on the SD card after transferring. So, procedure is SD card out of camera VG-20E in to card reader to be ingested with Adobe Prelude CS6 and Bridge CS6 for photos. Deleting this data after transfer is the issue, when loading the SD card back in the camera there is data still present, half photos groups and video clips. What is the best method that you've worked out to clearing data off a SD card after ingesting?
Aaron Mulqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: NEX VG-20E SD Ingesting?

Try formatting the card in the camera - this always works for me.
Paul Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014, 07:46 PM   #3
New Boot

Hey Paul, thanks for your response, so every time after you ingest, you reformat the SD card? How many times do you reformat?
Aaron Mulqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Aaron,
I tend not to clear all the files off after every ingest - unless I need a clean card for a shoot, but I don't think there is any problem with multiple formatting in the camera - its really only deleting the file structure to show an empty card.
Paul Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900