Matching up to Another Camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900
Interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorders using E-Mount lenses.

Old September 21st, 2015, 12:00 PM   #1
Major Player

Matching up to Another Camera

Anyone have any experience matching the NEX cameras up to another camera? Preferably a standard video camera?

I'm using a VG900 along with my main camera Z5U, but they both give pretty different looks. The Z5U has pretty good adjustability in their custom Profile settings, so I might have to go that route, and adjust that cam to match the 900. Best I see in the VG900 is to use the 'Manual' mode to adjust Cyan/Magenta or Red/Blue and tweak them a little, then use Cinema look On.

I'm considering soon switching to a more DSLR style & keeping the Z5U only for the Ceremony for the power zoom & XLR, however I'd still like them to match better when editing the mix.

Thoughts/Experiences?
David Barnett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony NEX-VG10 / VG20 / VG30 / VG900

« why no hdmi | New Posts | - »