NX5U arrived! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old March 17th, 2010, 12:08 PM   #1
New Boot

NX5U arrived!

My camera just came in, and it is out of the box. Pretty sweet so far. I ordered the FMU unit as well, but that has not arrived yet. I will need to do some more tests, but back focus seems to be pretty good so far as I can tell on a quick check. I zoomed in, manual focused, and zoomed all the way out, and appears to still be in focus. That's what we're looking for with that issue, right?

Anyway, will report back as I test more.
Christopher Kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Christopher,

Congratulations on the new arrival. When I first tested the manual focus, the shot appeared to be in focus when I zoomed back, at least on the LCD. What you really need to do is bring that footage into your computer and look at the footage. It would be even better to compare the NX5U footage to another camera if you have one. Then you could confirm if the footage is in focus once you have zoomed out. If you do not have another camera you can look at the test footage I posted on vimeo for a comparison.

It's too early to say for sure, but the back focus problems that I have seen reported are the one I had, one from Wisconsin and one from Ohio. I hope you got a good one and the odds are that you did.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders