NX5u with a 35mm adaptor yet? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

NX5u with a 35mm adaptor yet?

hello,

i have been checking out this camera for a bit now, specs look very nice. i am currently on an xha1 w/redrock m2e setup. i love the camera and canon but the hdv codec is at its limitations for myself. i am curious to see if anyone has used the nx5u with a 35mm adapter yet, any brand. would the camera compare to panasonics hmc170? these are the cameras i have been looking at(though may hold off for canons new release). thanks for the response!

dan
Daniel Caruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hello Daniel,

Are you referring to AG-HPX 170 P2 camcorder, if this is the case you can look at ny response on this thread.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxc...ag-hpx170.html

As per the HMC-170, I've never heard of it.

Hope it helps!
Old March 23rd, 2010, 07:36 PM   #3
Regular Crew

yes! haha, im not sure where i got hmc from, i have looked at some many names in the past few weeks. thanks for the link ill check it out. my school might be getting some nx5s soon so it would be sweet to take one out and just throw the lens on it.
Old March 24th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

if there's an adaptor for the HVR-Z5 there is one for this cam. They are the same on the front end.

Adam
Adam Welz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #5
Regular Crew

true, i believe it is a 72mm front? so what i use will work on the nx5. i am curious if anyone has used the nx5 with an adapter or have some footage. may be too early.
Old March 25th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #6
New Boot

I have the NX5 with the Letus Extreme adapter. It works great. It lines up pretty well with the gg too. The images look very nice with a 50mm Zeiss. I used the adapter with the XH-A1 and it's much better with the NX5 in my opinion.
Justin Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #7
Regular Crew

great, thanks justin! how does the image hold up in low light? cause with hdv it doesnt handle the loss of light well and is instant noise in midtones. do you have any footage up?
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #8
New Boot

I can get you some footage this evening some time. The low light is better than the canon XH-A1. These 1/3' chips need more light and the film adapter will take it away even more so you will need some lights indoors if the suns not coming through strong. the NX5 is pretty clean imo comparred to the XH-A1 and especially for the price.
Old April 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #9
New Boot

I am going to try and get some footage up real soon.
Old October 29th, 2010, 05:58 AM   #10
Tourist

Hey just wondering if anyone out there is using a RedRock M2 or M2 Encore with the NX5U. I've been using one for the past couple of months with mediocre results. I'm trying to tweak the in camera settings to get the best picture quality, but it just hasn't compared to my HVX200 with the same RedRock/lens setup. Just wondering what other users settings are in camera to yield the best results. Thanks!
Scott Frace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:21 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Hey Scott do you have the M2 Encore? I heard that has a few stops more light intake compared to the original M2. I have not had a chance to test out a 35mm adapter on the NXCAM because i opted to buy a Canon DSLR rather than forking out the money for a Redrock M2. IMO it made more production sence to buy a second Camera to achieve Depth of Field rather than an Adapter for the same price tag. i'm anxious to see some footage to compare. Do you have any links to this mediocre footage Scott? Im sure we are all curious to see some results as its seems the NX + 35mm is a rare combo these days.
Chris Adeyefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM   #12
Tourist

I'll try to get some footage uploaded tonight. I don't have the Encore, because I went the 7D route instead of upgrading and since I already had the M2 from my XL2 rig I'd figured I'd use it. I just upgraded to the MircoX Flip adapter and HD achromat, so I could use the M2 with a HD camera. I'll post some links once I get some footage uploaded.
Scott Frace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #13
New Boot

Hi Scott.

Have you managed to upload in footage yet from the NXCAM with a 35mm adapter?
Yannick Hausler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #14
Regular Crew

Hey Guys we finally have some footage of a 35mm adapter + NXCAM. Courtesy of Justin Brown.

He states: "It’s a trailer I helped shoot and edit. All was shot with the NX5 and I used the Letus Extreme on some shots with a Zeiss 50mm."

Chris Adeyefa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders