LIVE Broadcasting (Streaming Online) at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old March 28th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #1
New Boot
LIVE Broadcasting (Streaming Online)

OK...everyone is aware that the Sony NXCAM HXR-NX5U does not have FIREWIRE; however, has anyone used another peripheral connected to their camcorder to do LIVE broadcasting (i.e., weddings or special events.) For instance, I have use for events and for brides. And of course the service requires a FIREWIRE. Is there a peripheral or an adaptor out there?
Travis Rattley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 07:04 PM   #2
Regular Crew
Well today, at the same time I was recording on FMU and SDHC card, I also had the camera output set to video. The signal was outputted to a Camera 1 - Canopus 110 and Camera 2 - Canopus 300.

I've done this to have the video signal coming, as I was filming, on two MacBook Pro. No more work required after, a compatible Final Cut file is created

I now have video files in DV format and I am ready to start my video editing.

Once the video editing completed (DV format), I will be trying to swap the DV sequence by the AVCHD sequence.

P.S.: The image is very very nice, like I've said on another thread better than my xl2.
Daniel Paquin
Production ZoOM vidéo
Daniel Paquin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders