DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/)
-   -   I'm liking my AX2000 a little more this week... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/476597-im-liking-my-ax2000-little-more-week.html)

Sherri Nestico April 10th, 2010 09:35 PM

I'm liking my AX2000 a little more this week...

Took the Sony out to record the Census fest held locally today. I'm beginning to get the hang of it I think. I realized today that having the zebra stripes on were part of my problem with seeing clearly in the viewfinder last week. It was so bright today that the zebra stripes came out with a vengeance in the VF. So off they went. I used ND3 and was very happy with the exposure and saturation. Files were transcoded via Neo-HD.

Only thing I was unhappy with this time was that my wind muff didn't dampen the wind noise as much as I had hoped. Time to order a custom muff I think. And also time to learn how to fix wind noise in post.

It was a poorly attended event, but there were some good performances. There were two young Mariachi dancers who were great. Wish I could have included more of their performance in my video.

Videos: Census festival fun for all - Treasure Coast, FL | TCPalm.com

Jay West April 10th, 2010 10:31 PM

Looks good.

Were you shooting handheld while using the active image stabilization or were you shooting from a tripod or using a brace?

Dan Asseff April 11th, 2010 07:07 AM

Hi Sherri

I was wondering what mic you were using. What format did you transcode the clips to.
Finally what program do you edit in?

Dan
Forever Moments Video Productions

Sherri Nestico April 11th, 2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay West (Post 1512715)
Looks good.

Were you shooting handheld while using the active image stabilization or were you shooting from a tripod or using a brace?

Hi Jay,

I had the camera on a monopod and the AIS engaged. I have to say, the new Sony stabilization is great - the wind was blowing like mad yesterday and it was pretty hard to keep the camera steady at times, but you'd never know it by looking at my footage. I hand-held the camera for the interview segment and that clip was surprisingly wobble-free as well.

Sherri Nestico April 11th, 2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Asseff (Post 1512799)
Hi Sherri

I was wondering what mic you were using. What format did you transcode the clips to.
Finally what program do you edit in?

Dan
Forever Moments Video Productions

Hi Dan,

I'm using the shotgun microphone that came with my Sony HVR-V1U videocamera. Have no idea of its specs or model number. But that mike is going back on the V1U soon and I plan to get another shotgun mike, probably the Rode NTG-2. I have a Rode Videomic on my Panasonic HMC-40 and I love it.

I used Cineform NeoHD to transcode the clips to AVI. I use Premiere Pro CS4 to edit.

Jay West April 11th, 2010 02:02 PM

Sherri --

Just a monopod and in a high wind, yet? Pretty impressive. Nothing against your abilities in hand held shooting, but active stabilization is one of the big factors in my deciding to get an ax2000/nx5 camera. Thanks for the confirmation of how well it works.