I'm liking my AX2000 a little more this week... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old April 10th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

I'm liking my AX2000 a little more this week...

Took the Sony out to record the Census fest held locally today. I'm beginning to get the hang of it I think. I realized today that having the zebra stripes on were part of my problem with seeing clearly in the viewfinder last week. It was so bright today that the zebra stripes came out with a vengeance in the VF. So off they went. I used ND3 and was very happy with the exposure and saturation. Files were transcoded via Neo-HD.

Only thing I was unhappy with this time was that my wind muff didn't dampen the wind noise as much as I had hoped. Time to order a custom muff I think. And also time to learn how to fix wind noise in post.

It was a poorly attended event, but there were some good performances. There were two young Mariachi dancers who were great. Wish I could have included more of their performance in my video.

Videos: Census festival fun for all - Treasure Coast, FL | TCPalm.com
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Looks good.

Were you shooting handheld while using the active image stabilization or were you shooting from a tripod or using a brace?
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 07:07 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Sherri

I was wondering what mic you were using. What format did you transcode the clips to.
Finally what program do you edit in?

Dan
Forever Moments Video Productions
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay West View Post
Looks good.

Were you shooting handheld while using the active image stabilization or were you shooting from a tripod or using a brace?
Hi Jay,

I had the camera on a monopod and the AIS engaged. I have to say, the new Sony stabilization is great - the wind was blowing like mad yesterday and it was pretty hard to keep the camera steady at times, but you'd never know it by looking at my footage. I hand-held the camera for the interview segment and that clip was surprisingly wobble-free as well.
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Asseff View Post
Hi Sherri

I was wondering what mic you were using. What format did you transcode the clips to.
Finally what program do you edit in?

Dan
Forever Moments Video Productions
Hi Dan,

I'm using the shotgun microphone that came with my Sony HVR-V1U videocamera. Have no idea of its specs or model number. But that mike is going back on the V1U soon and I plan to get another shotgun mike, probably the Rode NTG-2. I have a Rode Videomic on my Panasonic HMC-40 and I love it.

I used Cineform NeoHD to transcode the clips to AVI. I use Premiere Pro CS4 to edit.
Old April 11th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #6
Major Player

Sherri --

Just a monopod and in a high wind, yet? Pretty impressive. Nothing against your abilities in hand held shooting, but active stabilization is one of the big factors in my deciding to get an ax2000/nx5 camera. Thanks for the confirmation of how well it works.
Jay West is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders