Remote control jack on NX5U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old May 12th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Remote control jack on NX5U

I tried to connect a LANC male plug from a Varizoom remote controller into the NX5U remote jack, but even though it was a 1/8" plug and seemed to fit the diameter...I felt as if I couldn't push it down all the way to properly seat tightly...and didn't want to force it for fear of breaking the jack.

Of course I am assuming this is a LANC jack, but then again maybe not? Maybe this only works with the Sony proprietary remote controller unit that one would have to buy separately? On the other hand, my Varizoom remote controller unit is an older model...about 9 years old. Not sure if the male plug on it is out of date?

Has anyone successfully connected a LANC remote controller into this unit to handle zooms, etc.? The male plug on mine measures 7/16" long...

John
John Vasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:30 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi John,

I am using a Canon ZR-1000 ZOOM REMOTE CONTROL on my NX5 and not having any problems, I was very happy it worked and I didn't have to buy a new one.

Ryan
Ryan Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 06:16 AM   #3
Tourist

My Manfrotto 521 works perfectly.
David Brinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #4
Regular Crew

got it to work...

Looks like I needed a firmer push to get the LANC Varizoom plug into the new NX5U jack...and nothing broke...just a bit stiff getting it in all the way...and very nice control of the slow zoom speed this way...it will really help out in my projects to have the zoom control on the tripod arm...especially for theatrical stage productions...John
John Vasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes John, I know what you're talking about....I had to push a little harder than I wanted to to get it in place, but it works!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders