Importing footage onto Mac from FMU 128 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old May 31st, 2010, 04:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Importing footage onto Mac from FMU 128

Sorry if this topic has been addressed...I searched this forum but didn't find anything

I filmed w/ the NX5U this weekend and wanted to archive the footage from the FMU 128 onto my Mac. Page 88 of the NX5U manual discusses how to install the "Content Management Utility" onto Windows only. It notes that the CMU is not supported by Mac computers in the directions.

I proceeded to power on my NX5U and plug in the USB cable to NX5U and Mac. The USB select screen appears on my NX5U screen and I select the 'A' option. My Mac doesn't pop up an icon indicating it "sees" the NX5U (as it would if I plugged in an external hard drive, card reader, etc).

I'm trying to archive the footage from the FMU128 to a disk for backup. What do I need to do?

Signed,
Frustrated as heck
Gabroo Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 05:41 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I forgot to mention, I had the FMU128 connected to NX5U.

After posting, I removed the FMU128 and plugged it directly into Mac (using a USB cable from FMU to Mac). It worked. Happy but also kind of ticked that the instructions in NX5U manual weren't made clear for Mac users.

Hopefully my experience may help others. Thanks.

By the way, I haven't seen this link referenced anywhere (it describes how to use Disk Utility in Mac to backup footage from NX5U).

Notes On Video: AVCHD archives
Gabroo Singh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders