Nx5's li-ion battery charger at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old June 13th, 2010, 11:26 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Nx5's li-ion battery charger

When I bundled up my Z1 and sold it on, away with it went the excellent mains charger. This took different sized Sony batteries, made peeps when charging was complete and had an excellent display screen that you could toggle between charge in the battery, the time remaining to fully charge it and so on.

The charger that came with the NX5 uses the same case but everything's been stripped out of it, all it has now is a little lamp that goes out when charging's complete. You have no idea if this will be in two minutes or two hours. Bit of a swizz.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 02:49 AM   #2
New Boot

Sony wants you to buy their bigger charger that lets you charge 4 LI On battery. The unit does have a display and it will beep.
Steve Kass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 06:12 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Yes Tom you should have kept the charger. I use my AC-VQ850 that will charge L and M batteries, which is probably the one that you sold with the Z1. The current version ( I think its the 1050D) charges two L series batteries ( on the Consumer site not the Pro site) clearly to support the AX2000.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #4
Regular Crew

My NX5U came with the very basic AC-VL1, which only charges one batt at a time and has no car transformer 12v input.

I bought the less-known AC-VQ1050 which charges two cells at a time, has the ability to take 12 or 14v power from a car outlet and has a little LCD screen w some info on it. Was cheaper and less bulky than the 4 cell charger one often sees advertised.

Adam
Adam Welz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I agree, the charger with the NX5 is nowhere near as good as the one I let go when I sold my Z1. The new one is adequate - barely - but I will have to depend on the camera indicator to have a rough idea of how long charging will take.
Mark Goldberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders