AX-2000 goes to strongman competition at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old July 11th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

AX-2000 goes to strongman competition

We had a strongman competition in Fort Pierce, FL yesterday. It was held in the parking lot of a local restaurant. I've shot weightlifting meets before, but this was something completely different. The farmer's walk and plow push were entertaining but the big event was the tire flip, where the competitors had to flip huge tractor/monster truck tires weighing 550 pounds, 750 pounds and 1,000 pounds, end over end for 50 feet. Safe to say the tire flip separated the men from the boys...:)

There's a few annoying audio pops in the clips and I can't figure out how they got there. I know they were present before I brought the clips into Premiere and I was using a Rode ntg-1 microphone, not wireless. I dropped the AX-2000 a couple months ago, maybe this is a delayed reaction...

Old October 24th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

AX-2000 goes to strongman competition

Sherri. Great video! YOU have to get the strongman award for shooting with this cam for such a long period of time! I just ordered an AX2000, having lost my trusty FX-1 to a fall off a monopod two weeks ago. Thanks for putting those clips up.

Cheers!
Anthony Cipriano is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders