DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/)
-   -   Anyone using these cards? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/484194-anyone-using-these-cards.html)

K.C. Kennedy September 2nd, 2010 11:48 AM

Anyone using these cards?

Any comments on quality? I got burnt with cards already so I don't want to make the same mistake twice. Need advice.

1. Transcend TS16GSDHC4 SDHC Flash Card - 16GB, Class 4 at TigerDirect.com

2. PNY 16GB Secure Digital High Capacity Card Class 4 (SDHC) at TigerDirect.com

3. Kingston SD4/16GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Card - 16GB at TigerDirect.com

I was also considering ADATA cards but after seeing these reviews I got scared:
A-Data ASDH32GCL6-R Class 6 SDHC Flash Card - 32GB at TigerDirect.com

Ron Evans September 2nd, 2010 01:20 PM

I use Patriot Class 10, 32G cards and they have been fine. The reviews on the TIgerDirect site are not supportive but mine have worked just great. I didn't buy them from TigerDirect but from a local computer store.

Ron Evans

Abraham Texidor Sr. September 2nd, 2010 02:12 PM

I recently purchase three Transcend 16gig class 6 and they work perfectly. 90min on FX 1920 X 1280 60i

Bill Bryant September 2nd, 2010 06:14 PM

I'm using SanDisk Extreme Class 10 cards and they are rock solid. They may be pricey but I'm not risking anything when it comes to shooting one time only events.

David Wayne Groves September 2nd, 2010 07:30 PM

I have 2 of the Transcend 32Gig Class 6 cards and they are rock solid with my AX2000..

Robert M Wright September 3rd, 2010 05:42 PM

I'd suggest looking at this (for a 16GB card):

Newegg.com - Patriot LX 16GB Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) Flash Card Model PSF16GSDHC10

With the rebate, and free shipping, the cost is pretty much as low as anything else (that is legitimate and reliable) out there. I don't have one of Patriot's class-10 cards, but I do have a Patriot 32GB class-4 card that I've used numerous times without issue (with either the NX5U or HMC40). Patriot is a solid brand. If you read the feedback at Newegg, on their flash memory cards, it's consistently quite good. Most of the negative comments on the class-10 cards comes from users using devices that are not compatible with class-10 cards to start with.

Both TigerDirect and Newegg are well established, reputible e-retailers, but generally Newegg tends to be a bit more economical and they carry a whale of a lot larger selection of products.

K.C. Kennedy September 9th, 2010 02:03 PM

I just ordered Patriot class 10 16gb cards as you suggested ($34 each). I'll report on my findings once I get them.
Thank you.

Robert M Wright September 30th, 2010 10:16 AM

I just ordered one of those 16GB Patriot Class-10 cards myself. Newegg has them as their "Shell-Shocker Deal" today, selling them for $30 with a $5 rebate to make it $25 net cost (shipping is free). At that price I would have snagged a couple cards, but the rebate limit is one.

Tom Hardwick October 1st, 2010 11:24 AM

I'm with Abraham - I use 3 Transcend 16gig class 6 cards, which cost the same as one 32gig card. Easy maths, yes? Perfect results? Yes.