Nx5 -post your bag choice here at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old September 5th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #1
New Boot

Nx5 -post your bag choice here

Tell us what bag, pack, Sling etc... you are using for your NX5 !

Im interested in your choices!

thanks
Andrew Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 06:19 AM   #2
Regular Crew

i use the portabrace dvo-3u - PortaBrace - Product Detail:DVO-3U

great sturdy back with rigid sides that you can stack if you need to. more imporantly it fits the nx5 with the shotgun mic attached without pressing against the camera. plenty of room for extra batteries and charger. even has a zippered pocket for my me-66.

it's not the smallest bag but it is a good one!

k
Karl Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm using this LowePro bag, it has a really nice top loading design for quick easy access to gear. It hold a ton of stuff. My only complaint is that stitching on 2 seams are starting to come apart and I'm about to contact LowePro to have it replaced, but I would still buy this bag all over again.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/650514-REG/Lowepro_LP36121_PEU_Magnum_DV_6500_AW.html
Bill Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #4
New Boot

I use a Lowepro NAture Trekker AW I, a link to the 2nd generation of this bag is here:

Lowepro - Nature Trekker AW II

It came with my PD150 when I bought that second hand and although it's clearly not designed for such a thick video camera (if a video camera at all), with some creative use of the partitions I manage to fit it all in perfectly; batteries, chargers, AV cables, a small selection of mics, portable HD, card reader and a fair bit of paperwork too.

It's very sturdy and surprisingly comfortable on the back (just one of it's many carrying configurations) considering it's fully loaded weight.

Only negative things I can think of are that the zips are starting to wear a bit after 5+ years of use and that the built-in tripod holder is useless for a heavy tripod capable of holding the NX5.

HIGHLY recommended =)
Krystian Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Major Player

Cinebags Revolution
CineBags - Life on Location

Have to place the camera in sidways and detatch a shotgun before stowing. But, I've flown all over the country this summer with it and have only had one issue: when someone slammed the overhead bin it did manage to damage the corner of my notebook that was slipped into the computer sleeve. Not sure if anything outside of a hardshell would have protected it in that case, however.

Lots of room for stuff, and the camera seems pretty well protected. Also, comfortable for long treks. I've managed to put it under the seats in front of me on most flights except for a couple of the little regional jets and a couple of the boeing isle seats -- airbus are fine in all positions encountered, however.
Ryan Douthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #6
New Boot

bag

I use a lowepro sling bag 200w, and it fit my hm100 perfectly.

Lowepro - SlingShot 200 AW

If the nx5 were to fit, I would have to cut out the top partition and lose the extra storage compartment... no biggie i guess.... but I didnt want to cut into my bag just for the rental.

i will do this if I purchase the cam though i think. its a really small bag, which is EXACTLY what I want. just barely large enough to put the cam in and zip it up.
Andrew Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #7
Major Player

I have to second Ryans choice. It is the best bag I own. I can fit all my gear in it. While on a shoot, I wear it on my back so I don't have to worry about my gear getting stolen.

Dan
Forever Moments Video Productions
Attached Thumbnails
Nx5 -post your bag choice here-summersafetysummit-047.jpg  
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Petrol PCCB-2N. Made for the NX5. Best value around. Huge double zip opens the whole top for a look at everything you've got. Partition it how you like.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #9
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

For a low-cost, yet excellant carry case for the NXCAM, the CamRade CB-Single I works Great.
CamRade CB Single I
(This cambag is free with the purchase of an NXCAM from Tapeworks Texas Inc!)

However, I would higly recommend the CamRade CB HD SMALL.
This 1000 Stitch Cordura Case has plenty of room for your NXCAM and accessories.
With a Modular dividable interior, you have options on how to arrange your Pro A/V products inside.
For additional information, please visit CamRade CB HD SMALL

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Tapeworks Texas Inc - DVinfo Sponser
tapeworksscott@sbcglobal.net
US Toll Free 866-827-3489
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I use a Kata CC-192. This bag fits the camera with the mike on without much spare room, which is useful when travelling, or moving through crowds (where a bigger bag - such as the Kata 193 could cause problems).

I've been a fan of Kata for a while - the build standard, and quality is excellent, and because they are such a small name, it has less of a "steal me" label.

This is my third Kata bag, and I am very impressed with the weight and strength of the bag - it would not surprise me if it could support my weight - although (at my weight) I will not be testing that!
Ian McElroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #11
New Boot

I use the Petrol PCBP-1. Very comfortable and useful.

PCBP-1 | petrolbags.com
Ignacio Munoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:15 AM   #12
Regular Crew

LowePro FLipside 400AW

Tight fit, but really quick to use and really easy to carry for doc work. Carries a few batts and my radio mic as well as short shotgun, but mics must be detached to fit in bag.

Adam
Adam Welz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #13
New Boot

Kata CB-200

I use it with a wheel set that fits into the sleeve on the back. Holds the camera with shotgun attached and extra mics, etc.

Great construction, good pockets. Am also able to fit my Macbook Pro into it.

Looking for a lightweight alternative for street shooting w/out the shotgun.

David
David A. Goldenberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders