NX5 continuous recording issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old October 12th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #1
New Boot

NX5 continuous recording issue

Hello all.

-I have a problem while recording continuously on my NX5P (PAL Version)
-I use the Genuine Sony Pro Duo Mark 2 Memory Stick 8G x 2
-I record continuous in SD format. After the first card full, the camera swith to second card. I see the process really work (the light on slot A change to slot B).
-After finish recording, I transfer all the clip to my laptop using card reader
-I Combine/merge the last clip (capture with the 1st card) with first clip (capture with a second card) using sony Vegas pro 9.
-I check in between the two clip.. Its OK & no missing frame
-But i notice the sound are missing about 5 frame (when you play the both clip continuously, the clip sound mute about 5 frame) really disappointed.
-Has anybody else experienced this problem with the NX5?

** For info, I record using external Microphone provided ** Are this may be the issue?
Or Maybe continuous recording only for build in Mic?

Any Idea please???
Ainol Haslizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Use the sony content manager that came with camera to combine clips. This should give one continuous clip with no video or audio issues.
Abraham Texidor Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 02:24 PM   #3
New Boot

Thank You Abraham.. i think You were right... I can hear the missing last 5 frame sound when play in windows Media player. But i cant hear the last 5 frame sound in sony vegas.. I think, I should use the CMU software to combine clip.. But the problem is, i cannot install CMU software bocause my Windows cannot found my NX5 driver.. the CDdriver was broken. I already open the new thread to find the driver..
Ainol Haslizan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders