Sony NX5 Driver Needed :'( Help Me Please.. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old October 12th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony NX5 Driver Needed :'( Help Me Please..

Hello all.

I buy my NX5 from somebody.

I get Complete with all supplied accessories BUT!! without Software CD

He said the CD(Driver&CMU) was broken :'(

I need to install the CMU Software on my PC

& also want to upgrade latest Firmware

I already download latest CMU & Firmware by the link provide by our fried in this forum.

I try to install CMU & Upgrade Firmware, but NX5 need to be connect with PC to complete installations.

I connect My NX5 to my PC, But my PC (Windows 7 OS) did not find any driver for my Sony NX5 :(

My PC not detect My NX5.. So,,, the Software installation cannot be complete..

** Please help me find the NX5 Driver :'( **
Ainol Haslizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Typically, Windows 7 can automatically download recommended drivers and detailed information for all your hardware and devices, including the NX5.

If you cannot see a high-resolution icon for the NX5 in the Devices and Printers window in Control Panel, you should do one of the following steps:

Click to open Windows Update; in the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the driver for your NX5.

If Windows can’t find information about your NX5 in Device Stage (i.e. when you connect the camera to your PC), your computer might not be connected to the Internet, or the location where that information is stored is busy and the connection takes long time.

In either case, check whether your PC is online, wait a few minutes and see if Device Stage is able to find the information, especially if this is the first time you've connected the NX5 to your computer.
Arkady Bolotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2010, 06:22 AM   #3
New Boot

Thank You Arkady for the suggestion...

But for your info, not all the device driver simply can installed by Windows Update although it is Windows 7..
I already Update my Windows. But Windows still cannot found "Sony USB Device" Driver..

In this case,,,
I just hope whoever in this forum has Sony NX5 Camcorder can help to sharing the Software CD in this thread. :)

Thank You..
Old October 13th, 2010, 07:09 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Ainol:

No need to wait, you can download Content Management Utility Ver.1.1 for yourself from the Sony-Asia site: Content Management Utility Ver.1.1 : Sony Asia Pacific.
Old October 13th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #5
New Boot

Thank You again Arkady :)

But this is Version 1.1 .... update version for 1.0...

I dont have the 1.0 version...

I already try to install it.. but this version 1.1 software not include the Sony USB Driver... So the installation cannot be complete without the driver to detect Camcoder.

Maybe the driver can only be found in CMU 1.0 version...

Where to find CMU version 1.0??
Old October 13th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Ainol:

If you do not mind, you can try to download CMU ver. 1.0 from one of torrent webstites, for example TorrentHound

Sony Content Management Utility CMU Torrents
Old October 13th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #7
New Boot

Thank You... How to ensure this torrent is CMU Ver. 1.0 ?
(This is PAY torrent) Worry after buy... this torrent not CMU ver 1.0 but CMU ver 1.1 that i can simply download at sony website .....
Old October 13th, 2010, 10:16 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Ainol:

You do not pay for a particular downloading but for the use of the torrent client and service. After registration (payment), the torrent will allow you to download a particular file (CMU ver. 1.0 or any other software).

Type “Sony Content Management Utility Ver 1 0” in the Search field on the TorrentHound site and see how many torrents it will find.
Old October 20th, 2010, 03:12 AM   #9
New Boot

Old Version CMU Still can't detect My NX5

Mr Shufiyan already give me a copy of their NX5 CMU cd.. But when install, My PC still doesnt detect my NX5.

Windows are Detect my NX5 when im plugin to USB 2.0 port (i can hear the alert sound),, But windows cant find the Sony USB driver..
Old October 20th, 2010, 04:00 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Ainol:

It might be one of the following problems with the USB connection between your camcorder and computer:

- the computer USB receptacle is damaged;
- the mini-USB connector of your NX5 loosens;
- the USB cable that you use is cracked or broken;
- a high-speed USB 2.0 connection is disabled in your PC.

To work around these problems, try to use another USB receptacle in your PC, check whether your PC supports USB 2.0 signaling rate. Also, get a magnifying glass (preferably with light) and take a thorough look at your camcorder mini-USB port.
Old October 20th, 2010, 04:45 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Ainol. Have you tried capturing from a USB card reader instead of directly from the camera?
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:37 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Er, something wrong here............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainol Haslizan View Post
Mr Shufiyan already give me a copy of their NX5 CMU cd.. But when install, My PC still doesnt detect my NX5.

Windows are Detect my NX5 when im plugin to USB 2.0 port (i can hear the alert sound),, But windows cant find the Sony USB driver..
If you got a copy of the CD (where from?) then you got both the drivers and the CMU.

Windows has obviously aquired the camera otherwise there would be no "da dum" or whatever 7 does now.

So, you have the driver, you have the software, the camera connects to the PC, what else is missing here?

I cannot reconcile these two statements:

1. My PC still doesnt detect my NX5

2. Windows are Detect my NX5 when im plugin to USB 2.0 port

Both contained in the same post.

Either it does or it doesn't reckognise the camera, you can't have it both ways.

You keep saying it can't find the driver, what is the exact message, word for word?

Is that really the problem or are you just assuming?

More information required.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 06:06 AM   #13
New Boot

I explain again...

I cannot acces Memory Card file through NX5...
when connecting device.. Dam dum sound hear.. but ..windows error message appear "Device driver software not successfully installed"
On Windows Device Manager > that was yellow symbol with this mark"!" appear at Sony USB Devices
when do update... "Windows was unable to install your unknown device".
ON NX5 > MODE > MANAGE MEDIA > USB CONNECT > A/B > THIS ERROR APPEAR "Exit USB Function"

I just can acess Memory Card file Through Card Reader..
But i need do a combine clip between two card..

FOR INFO MY NX5 serial number was 000000 Early Unit produce at late 2009, simple to says.Demo Unit
Old October 21st, 2010, 06:17 AM   #14
New Boot

SONY NX5 Device Driver Software was NOT Successfully Install

This Threat Title change to "SONY NX5 Device Driver Software was NOT Successfully Install"
Old October 21st, 2010, 06:56 AM   #15
Inner Circle

Does the camera have the latest firmware? The content management software should still recognize the cards and combine clips.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders