Timecode Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old November 21st, 2010, 05:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Timecode Issue

I've had my NX5 for a while now, but one thing that I haven't seemed to get working at all is the timecode. I've set it to Rec Run, and it works fine in-camera, but as soon as I import it with CMU there's no trace of it anywhere. I can't see any options for it in CMU, and neither Premiere nor CineForm FirstLight picks up anything. Am I doing something wrong here?
Old November 21st, 2010, 09:47 AM   #2
Regular Crew

The timecode is imported in Sony Vegas Pro 10 and in Edius, I guess.
Cristian Adrian Olariu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2010, 06:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Felix,
I also found a same problem with you, and through this forum i found that if you're shooting using AVCHD there still a miss in a couple NLE to read the timecode metadata, but there is an update about it, and you can find it in this forum..hope this help..:)

Regards,
Ario Narendro
Ario Narendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 04:43 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Felix:

The fact that you cannot see a time code in a NLE system (such as Premiere or CineForm) does not necessarily mean a malfunction of your camera.

Actually, a SMPTE timecode, which contains binary coded decimal temporal identification (like hour:minute:second:frame) and 32 bits for use by users, is supposed to be implicit; it can be known by the NLE system from the metadata encoded in the medium.

The SMPTE timecode is used extensively for synchronization in multicamera projects or for aligning video using audio waveforms.

So, unless your editing system would engage a synchronization of any kind, you would not see the imprinted in your video SMPTE timecode.
Arkady Bolotin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders