sonycard.ind un supported at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old December 11th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #1
Tourist

sonycard.ind un supported

shot tons of stuff todate in AVCHD with nx5u. Through FCP7 & Toast 10 pro have been able to burn HD blueray discs that look great. here is my issue; using several SD cards, after a shoot, i down load shoot to Mac, then placing SD card back in camera, i format. Well this has worked great up untill this point. The last shoot, using either "Log and Transfer" or just direclty importing to Toast 10 Pro, i was unable to open several files: TTpro said; Sonycard.ind unsupported, FCP7: 4- files unsupported. 1) am i doing somthing wrong? 2) any way to recover data? thanks jerry
Jerry Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Sounds like you just accidentally selected the wrong directory or file when importing. Did you mean to go into the AVCHD directory, perhaps? That's where the video is. The ".ind" files are in the root directory of the memory card. I rather doubt they are anything FCP understands; they're probably some Sony-proprietary index.

Best,
Aaron
Old December 19th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #3
Inner Circle

And Jerry - you know about formatting vs deleting? Much better to do the latter than the former if the card's going back into the same camera.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders