"could not determine format" re: clip in ClipWrap at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:44 PM   #1
New Boot

"could not determine format" re: clip in ClipWrap

My apologies if this has been discussed before, but i did a search and did not see this topic.

I'm new to this forum, but glad i found you all. I called Sony this morning about the issue, and the tech guy said he had never heard of it. I first always try to convert via Log & Transfer in FCP, but if FCP won't read the card/disc, i go to ClipWrap, which seems to read everything regardless of how the folders have been named (or misnamed, in some cases!). I archived 5 days of shooting recently, onto 5 separate BluRay discs. Going to ClipWrap, i'm averaging 1 clip per disc that says, "could not determine format" in ClipWrap (where it says "waiting" for all other clips). If I have it go ahead and "Convert", it will do a great job until it gets to that clip, then it stops (or crashes), making a "(partial)" clip in my hard drive folder. I delete that clip, go back to ClipWrap, and start converting again with the clip after the one that says, "could not determine format".

Have any of you seen this problem? Oddly enough, if this is coming from a disc that Log & Transfer CAN read, then i never see a problem like this, that is, nothing in Log & Transfer saying, "could not determine format".
Tad Newberry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders