C:32:60 error on Sony AX2000.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Tourist

C:32:60 error on Sony AX2000....

I had a bad accident with my AX2000 back in January where the LCD screen was destroyed and other parts to the camera were tweaked up (wind blew over my tripod). So, I had extended coverage on my camera and sent it in to a Sony camera repair shop. It came back today and it worked well right off the bat. I charged up the camera for a lil bit and tested it again unplugged. Now, I'm getting a C:32:60 error message and told me to turn the camera on again. I keep getting this message each time I turn it on. Anyone know what this message can be or if there is anyway to fix it without sending it back? I needed it for this weekend and it looks like it won't happen. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Matt Wozney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: C:32:60 error on Sony AX2000....

Hi Matt

Have you done a decent google on the error message?

My 30 second look showed it to be a consistent message from earlier camcorders, associated with a lens error....

regards

Ian
Ian McElroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #3
New Boot

I also own a Sony HDR-AX2000. And starting suddenly last week, in the middle of an important shoot in a foreign country, my camera stopped working. Whenever I power it on, it gives me this same error: C:32:60. Of course turning the power off and then on again does nothing.

From what I've read online, this error code means that the focus mechanism isn't working correctly. Unfortunately, I can't use autofocus OR manual focus. I tapped the camera a few times with the power off, as one online suggestion said. But that didn't help.

So now I'm going to have to send the camera in to Sony for repair. According to Sony Online Support, "The cost to repair this unit under our Flat Rate Program is $511.00, (plus any applicable taxes). Return shipping is included in this price." And the work is only warranted for 90 days. I'm nervous about the same problem happening again, but the camera is currently worthless and it would cost a lot more than $511 to buy a new one. So I guess I have no option but to buy the flat rate repair.
Todd Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I don't remember so if I'm wrong forgive me but I *think* both error messages can be "fixed" by removing the battery, replacing it, turn the cam(s) on and here's what I don't remembr but IF the camera has a "reset" button and you press it (on other models it's a small recessed button that needs something like a pen tip to press) and the message goes away. Now mind you, even if this procedure is possible on the AX2000 it may not fix the problem but might remove the error messoage. Of course any personal settings you have will be gone and the camera will revert to original factory settings but if you have to send it/them in anyway it'll be reset to factory settings anyway so I guess there's nothing to lose.
Like I say, I don't rememebr if the AX cameras have the reset button but if it's ther why not try it and see if it works,
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #5
New Boot

Ah, if only it were so easy. Yes, the AX2000 does have a recessed factory reset button. After trying the "replace the battery and try again" suggestion that the owner's manual gives, I did reset the camera. That didn't fix the problem either. I wish the manual had more information explaining what else can cause this error, but it doesn't. It makes it sound that it's as simple as replacing the battery, which is not the case - at least not in my situation.

One thing this problem has taught me is the value of having a camera where the focus can be physically manipulated. On this camera (and its big brother the NX5U), the focus ring is not actually connected to the lens. So if the focus circuit goes bad, you can't even focus manually.
Old January 26th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #6
New Boot

To close the loop on this, I had to send the camera in to Sony repair in Texas. It took a couple weeks and they charged me their flat repair fee ahead of time (I think it was about $570) which covered the repairs. When I got it back, the camera worked fine. They never actually said what they did to repair it.
Old March 10th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Here'a a site I found that lists all of the Sony error codes.

Sony Camcorder Video Camera Error Codes | Video One Repair
Ray Turcotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #8
Trustee

Thanks for the link Ray. Interesting

stelios
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #9
Major Player

It's too bad Sony doesn't talk more with their customers about what is wrong. Seems they have a "send it in and we will repair it" policy and that's all you will get. You don't need to know what it wrong.

Perhaps they don't want their competition learning from their mistakes, which is fair enough but frustrating.
Galen Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I had this issue with my NX5U this time last year but with a completely different outcome:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxc...5-failure.html
Dave Luda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2015, 12:46 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Here's a video on a temporary solution for the C:32:60 error. It will still need to get fixed but this workaround will probably get you through your last shoot.
Old January 14th, 2015, 03:25 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Had this issue a month ago... Paid 400 euro for repair...
Mladen Ilic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 02:19 PM   #13
New Boot

Sherman, you're a genius! Thank you. I hope this never happens to me again, but if it does, now I know where to turn. Also, I'm bookmarking your company's home page, because I get the impression you're a better service center than Sony's own. Next time the shit hits the fan, I'm calling you.
Todd Bradley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders