DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/)
-   -   Issues editing 60P footage on the MAC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/498079-issues-editing-60p-footage-mac.html)

Silton Buendia July 4th, 2011 10:59 PM

Issues editing 60P footage on the MAC

This is driving me crazy, shot a bunch of stuff in 60P and its been a pain in the but trying to edit or more so convert the footage so I can edit. ClipWrap loses the video on conversions, any other frame rate is fine. I tried other programs like Voltaic (crashes) and ISkysoft (doesn't support proRez) I have a working solution with IMedia Converter but it takes a very long time. Even bought stupid Final Cut X and it doesn't see 60P footage. Anyone have solutions?

Bart Walczak July 5th, 2011 01:45 AM

Re: Issues editing 60P footage on the MAC

It might not be a solution that you're looking for, but switch to Premiere Pro CS 5.5. It has no problem importing this footage.

Paul Rickford July 5th, 2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silton Buendia (Post 1664425)
This is driving me crazy, shot a bunch of stuff in 60P and its been a pain in the but trying to edit or more so convert the footage so I can edit. ClipWrap loses the video on conversions, any other frame rate is fine. I tried other programs like Voltaic (crashes) and ISkysoft (doesn't support proRez) I have a working solution with IMedia Converter but it takes a very long time. Even bought stupid Final Cut X and it doesn't see 60P footage. Anyone have solutions?

I'm having the same problem, my workflow up to now has been to convert 50i and 25p in voltaic, but as you say it crashes with Sony's 50p.

looking at the Voltaic website, it seems Sony and Panasonic have just published a paper on 1st July updating the spec of AVCHD to include 50/60p, so that developers will now be able to start working on upgrading third party converters like Voltaic.

I'm sticking with 25p on my NX70 for now, not long to wait I hope

AVCHD 3D and Progressive update | ShedWorx

Greg Penetrante July 6th, 2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silton Buendia (Post 1664425)

I've had good results with Foxreal HD convertor. It has ProRes settings.

Fast Mac HD Video Converter - Convert TS/MTS/TiVo to Prores/MOV/MP4/iPad/FCP

Greg

Silton Buendia July 6th, 2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Penetrante (Post 1664905)
I've had good results with Foxreal HD convertor. It has ProRes settings.

Fast Mac HD Video Converter - Convert TS/MTS/TiVo to Prores/MOV/MP4/iPad/FCP

Greg

60P stuff? I've had no problems with other frame rates just 60P guess because very few camera actually shoot 60P in 1080 especially AVCHD ones.

Silton Buendia July 7th, 2011 09:43 AM

Seems to work, although painfully slow to render. Thanks for the tip.