Issues editing 60P footage on the MAC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old July 4th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Issues editing 60P footage on the MAC

This is driving me crazy, shot a bunch of stuff in 60P and its been a pain in the but trying to edit or more so convert the footage so I can edit. ClipWrap loses the video on conversions, any other frame rate is fine. I tried other programs like Voltaic (crashes) and ISkysoft (doesn't support proRez) I have a working solution with IMedia Converter but it takes a very long time. Even bought stupid Final Cut X and it doesn't see 60P footage. Anyone have solutions?
Silton Buendia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 01:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Issues editing 60P footage on the MAC

It might not be a solution that you're looking for, but switch to Premiere Pro CS 5.5. It has no problem importing this footage.
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silton Buendia View Post
This is driving me crazy, shot a bunch of stuff in 60P and its been a pain in the but trying to edit or more so convert the footage so I can edit. ClipWrap loses the video on conversions, any other frame rate is fine. I tried other programs like Voltaic (crashes) and ISkysoft (doesn't support proRez) I have a working solution with IMedia Converter but it takes a very long time. Even bought stupid Final Cut X and it doesn't see 60P footage. Anyone have solutions?
I'm having the same problem, my workflow up to now has been to convert 50i and 25p in voltaic, but as you say it crashes with Sony's 50p.

looking at the Voltaic website, it seems Sony and Panasonic have just published a paper on 1st July updating the spec of AVCHD to include 50/60p, so that developers will now be able to start working on upgrading third party converters like Voltaic.

I'm sticking with 25p on my NX70 for now, not long to wait I hope

AVCHD 3D and Progressive update | ShedWorx
Paul Rickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silton Buendia View Post
I've had good results with Foxreal HD convertor. It has ProRes settings.

Fast Mac HD Video Converter - Convert TS/MTS/TiVo to Prores/MOV/MP4/iPad/FCP

Greg
Greg Penetrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Penetrante View Post
I've had good results with Foxreal HD convertor. It has ProRes settings.

Fast Mac HD Video Converter - Convert TS/MTS/TiVo to Prores/MOV/MP4/iPad/FCP

Greg
60P stuff? I've had no problems with other frame rates just 60P guess because very few camera actually shoot 60P in 1080 especially AVCHD ones.
Silton Buendia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Seems to work, although painfully slow to render. Thanks for the tip.
Silton Buendia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders