HXR NX5e fisheye lens? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old February 18th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HXR NX5e fisheye lens?

I read somewhere on the forum that there is a fisheye lens for the HXR NX5u will this fit my UK model HXR NX5e? i have been told the lens is not interchangeable, i am assuming the models are the same or am i wrong.
thanks.
Andrew Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: HXR NX5e fisheye lens?

The lens on your NX5 is not interchangeable...so you will need to use any 72mm lens adaptor to screw onto the front of your lens. All of the NX5's worldwide use a 72mm thread so any adaptor of that size will work on your NX5.
Michael Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Michael i have found a link to some adapters, am i right in thinking they screw on to original camera lens then the fisheye is a bayonet fit to the adapter? the adapters themselves are cheap to buy but the actual fisheye lens is expensive, £400.00 to £1000.00 depending on quality.
Andrew Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

There is no need for an adaptor and then a fisheye on top of that. In this case, the fisheye is your adaptor. Depending on the manufacturer, it will either screw on to the front of your lens, or it will bayonet on to the front...in either case, you will need to remove the lens hood...and yes, some of them can be pretty expensive.
Michael Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #5
Trustee

A basic answer to Andrew's first question is that the NX5E is physically identical to the NX5U (just different framerates and a different power adapter).

A fisheye adapter that bayonets or screws onto an NX5U will be just as comfy on an NX5E.
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks for the replies, the information is much appreciated.
Andrew Parker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders