DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/)
-   -   C:62.10 error (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/506336-c-62-10-error.html)

Dan Asseff March 23rd, 2012 08:19 PM

C:62.10 error

This is the second time i had this come up. Does any body know what this code means? I have a shoot all weekend long. I am shooting out side so i was wondering if it is over heating. any help will be appreciated.

Dan

Adam Gold March 23rd, 2012 08:44 PM

Re: C:62.10 error

I can't find anything about a C:62.10, and I can't find an NX5 service guide, but in the AX2000 Service Guide I did find an E:62.10. Could it be E? Or could 62 be 32?

Quote:

E 6 2 1 0

Shift lens initializing failure

Inspect the EEPROM (IC5602 on the VC-582 board). If it does
not recover, replace the VC-582 board. (Note 2) If an error
occurs again, replace the lens block.
C32 errors are usually tape related. The only one I could find in the AX manual was a C:32.60, which also deals with the lens.

Quote:

C 3 2 6 0

Difficult to adjust focus
(Cannot initialize focus)

Retry turn the power on by the power switch. If it does not
recover, check the focus MR sensor of lens block (pin 0, qs
of CN6602 on the VC-582 board). If it is OK, check the focus
motor drive IC (IC6002 on the VC-582 board).
In any event, looks like you may have a bad lens. Needs to go to the hospital.

Dan Asseff March 23rd, 2012 08:49 PM

Thanks Adam, I had a feeling it was ether the focus or the lens. Do you know were I can get it fixed quick? I have way to many shoots this month and next.

Thanks
Dan

Adam Gold March 23rd, 2012 08:57 PM

Sorry, wow, no idea, especially in your corner of the country. Sony and Armato's are both (I think) in NJ. When I send my sick cams in to Sony LA they're gone for at least a month.

Galen Rath March 25th, 2012 09:28 PM

Sony Camcorder Video Camera Error Codes | Video One Repair

See this from another thread.

Dan Asseff March 26th, 2012 06:37 AM

Galen,

Thank you for the link. It looks like I probably have a lens issue. Really bad timing. I wonder if I send it in I will get better focusing.

Dan

Roger Oconnell May 9th, 2013 08:22 AM

Had this error the first time and didnt know what it meant. But when I had this error with a fisheye adapter on, my heart just sank lower than the titanic.

Basically what happens is that the sensor "dropped" or something like that. Like normally the sensor is at the middle of the lens, and when you put a fisheye on the vignetting should be equal to all sides. When the E:62:10 happens, the sensor drops and the vignetting becomes very uneven. This freaked me out really bad, and I turned the camera off, then turned it on, then off for a while (let it cool down) then on again and it was alright.

It was a really hot day also and the camera was on for 3 hrs straight. I shut it off to go take a 5 minute break and when I turned it on again (while the camera was still hot from working), thats when the error happened. It has not popped up lately but I should be sending it to the camera repair as soon as my buddy loans me his 5Dmkii for an indefinite period of time.

Dan Asseff May 9th, 2013 05:16 PM

It happened again Wednesday. The image was all wavy so I turned it off and back on again and worked fine. I never did take it in to get it repaired but maybe I should.

Dan

Roger Oconnell May 12th, 2013 08:13 PM

I think it may have something to do withe the camera being really hot.

Sherman Bahr May 29th, 2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Asseff (Post 1794816)
It happened again Wednesday. The image was all wavy so I turned it off and back on again and worked fine. I never did take it in to get it repaired but maybe I should.

Dan

Dan I know that there is an update on that camcorder that controls lens processing. I am one of the techs at Video One Repair and would be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Follow the link below on my signature to my site. Another thing about the NX5 is that the lens is a VERY delicate part of the camera. DO NOT subject this camera to any impact or shock, in other words don't drop it or bang it around because you will mess up the lens on it. Other than that they are great camcorders.

Michael Liebergot May 29th, 2013 12:00 PM

Just a quick note, I received this error as well on one of my NX5Us on my last shoot a couple of weeks ago.

My second cameraman had the camera set to AutoFocus and I could hear the focus servo turning but the camera couldn't focus. I turned off AutoFocus and restarted the camera and all was well for the rest of the night.

This was the first and only time that the error code ever came up, no extreme heat, and no impact ever on the camera at any time. So I'm kind of worried about the near future and this camera. Funds and time constraints are a problem sending it in for service at this time.

Sherman, is this an expensive fix if it's the lens or optical assembly?
Also, could this simply be as simple a fix as an update?

Sherman Bahr May 30th, 2013 12:05 AM

Hello Michael
If the camcorder isn't going into error every time you power it on, that is a good sign. The camera lens update sounds like it will resolve your problem. We charge $275 to perform the update and any lens alignments necessary. Cleaning and maintenance is also included in that price. I would love to answer any other questions that you may have prior to you sending us your camcorder, just give me a call and we could chat some more about your camcorder.

...Sherman