New Sony HXR-NX30E Palmcorder with advanced Stabilization - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old April 4th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: New Sony HXR-NX30E Palmcorder with advanced Stabilization

Ron,

I have been playing with the settings an the only thing you want that is not on this camera is ND filters. It has peaking in three colors and manual everything. What a camera. The low light is very very good. Blows my NX-5 away but not my FS-100. NX-30 must be even better I would think.

Dan
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Dan
Does it have gain control ? The CX700 has peaking, shutter etc but no gain control though the NX70 does have the gain control so I am assuming the NX30 will also have this as a differentiator with timecode and 1280x720P60 and with PCM audio. I will certainly look at the NX30 when it comes out. I already have the variable ND so that isn't a problem. As a B camera to the NX5U it will match nicely with timecode reset etc. A better fit than the CX700 means I can stay with Sony rather than go to the XA10 with the need to get more batteries and chargers. Yes the CX700 sees in the dark with low noise too. NX5U is no match.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #18
Major Player

Ron,

It has gain control but I don't think you can use all the manuals at once.The NX-30 probably unlocks that feature. Haven't had much time to play with it but I can say the "Balanced Optical Steadyshot" is the best I've ever seen. I plan on putting it on a glide cam and see how it fly's this weekend. It look like an eyeball.

Dan
Old April 5th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Dan
Just downloaded the manual and can see it has gain limit. Something I do no have on the CX700.

Ron
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #20
Major Player

In Europe they market the Sony hdr-pj740ve which has only 32Gb of memory and in typical Sony tradition is more expensive than in US. I checked the specs and it seems to be a difference in size as well. Does anybody know if there is 96gb euro model and if the size difference is legit or a mistake in specs? Both models look alike in pictures though.
Emmanuel Plakiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
Dan
Just downloaded the manual and can see it has gain limit. Something I do no have on the CX700.

Ron
Downloaded the manual for the HX30? If so where?

Thanks.
Troy Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #22
Inner Circle

I was referring to the CX760V manual. I too would love to see the NX30 manual.

Ron Evans
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Vandermolen View Post

According to the Sony Press release, the NX30U will be out in June. I plan to purchase a new camera this summer to replace my ageing HVR-A1U. I've been looking at the HXR-NX70U, but, this new camera intrigues me alot. Should I focus on getting on getting the NX70U or wait for the NX30U to come out and compare and contrast them and then make a decision? What should I do? NX70U or NX30U?
Ozzy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Well since the NX30 is really a consumer PJ760 with XLR attachment and clearly some firmware upgrades to timecode etc you may be better off buying the NX30 and the waterproof housing Underwater Handycam Camcorder Housing | SPK-HCH | Sony USA for the PJ760. It will cost less, be a true waterproof housing and the unit will have the latest great image stabilizer. No contest as far as I can see. I will be looking to get one in the summer to replace my CX700.

Ron Evans
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:37 PM   #25
Trustee

Has anybody been able to confirm yet if the NX30 allows for true independent gain, shutter and iris control?

Has anybody spotted the NX30 user manual yet?

CT
Cliff Totten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:02 AM   #26
Inner Circle

Only 2 seem to be available now, see on the right side under "brochures" on this site:
Sony : HXR-NX30E (HXRNX30E) : Product Overview : Other
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM   #27
Major Player

I found this but you have to register first. http://www.pro.sony.eu/biz/lang/en/e...nx3d1e/manuals

Last edited by Dan Asseff; May 23rd, 2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old May 24th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #28
Inner Circle

I have a demo unit that I'm reviewing. It doesn't appear possible to get full independent control of iris, shutter and gain. You can choose to manually control the exposure, shutter and iris, but then the others become automatic, only one can be controlled manually at once. You can set an AGC gain limit which can be as low as 0db and this stays set while you change the exposure, shutter or iris but full simultaneous manual control of both shutter and iris appears impossible.
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #29
Major Player

Well that is sad. Save your money and get the HDR-CX760, it's image is wonderful.

Dan
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #30
Trustee

IS is outstanding, but unfortunately that is not something that I really need, cuz I don't shoot handheld, and my G10 has slightly better image;

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders