C3260 error message at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old June 29th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #1
New Boot

C3260 error message

My NX5U is giving me two messages in the LCD screen. One is "turn power on again" and the other which appears in the upper right hand corner is "C3260" flashing message. The camera will not give me focus at manual nor auto modes. These messages appeared right after I noticed a loud noise inside the zoom handle, like a motor noise. Does anyone know what exactly is happening here? Have any other users experienced this same problem with these cameras? Do you know if Sony is doing anything about it?
I will appreciate any input. Thanks.
Armando Irias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: C3260 error message

Have a look at the following thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxc...ml#post1633847. It appears as though the error code C3260 is a focusing mechanism failure that needs to be fixed by Sony. I'm not sure about the "turn power on again" message. Good luck with your camera. In this instance, I do hope that I'm wrong with the information I'm pointing you to and that it turns out to be a simple and cheap fix.
Michael Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Major Player

Here is another thread http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxc...ny-ax2000.html
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #4
New Boot

I contacted Sony and indeed the camera has to go to the repair shop. Fortunately I have an exteded warranty. But after that it is going on sale and Im even thinking staying away from Sony cameras for the future. . Too bad for Sony but this camera was a complete failure Im very disappointed.
Armando Irias is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders