DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/)
-   -   Sony NXCAM HXR-NX5E PAL BACK FOCUS PROBLEM (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/509533-sony-nxcam-hxr-nx5e-pal-back-focus-problem.html)

Serggio Lamas July 24th, 2012 09:28 AM

Sony NXCAM HXR-NX5E PAL BACK FOCUS PROBLEM

Hello i have this problem (back focus) with my sony nx5e from the first day to buy but I did not realize that the camera has a problem enough people with the same camera have the same problem.
I went to the camera the sony service in creta upgrades obvious they did not even know if the back focus is repair.Put now working only one LCD panel or viewfinder in display output -all output not working,this is from the uptade or problem???
this upgrade Sony of Canada: E-Support is compatible with my Sony NXCAM HXR-NX5E PAL or not
my serial start from 212---- need this upgrade or not?

HXRNX5U Firmware Version V2.00
NX5V2_Update1005a.zip
thanks

Victor Wilcox July 24th, 2012 12:07 PM

Re: Sony NXCAM HXR-NX5E PAL BACK FOCUS PROBLEM

Don't know about the NX5E, but the applicable North American serial number range: 110001 - 111585 need the update. This update fixes data errors. It will not help the back focus issue.

Serggio Lamas August 18th, 2012 02:46 PM

The sony Must give a solution (answer) the problem with BACK FOCUS many of us get a loan to buy this camera, I still pay the bank for 3 years, and most need to thoroughly All my clients are dissatisfied with quality with BACK FOCUS, the problem starts from sony and must directly provide a solution ..
With this problem many users do not want to buy any sony hd camera because there is no direct BACK FOCUS
The most basic video image has no contrast. WHY SONY WHY I HAVE PAY ABOUT 6000 EURO FOR THIS CAMERA AND PAINING FOR ONE YEAR MORE!

Ron Evans August 18th, 2012 09:55 PM

Sony changed my lens unit under warranty after a few months .One of the first units in Canada. Make sure that tele macro and anti flicker are OFF as these do make the picture look out of focus.

Ron Evans

Serggio Lamas August 18th, 2012 11:16 PM

ron: macro and anti flicker is OFF but The problem remains....

Ron Evans August 19th, 2012 07:55 AM

There is no back focus adjustment that you can make . If you really do have a back focus problem it has to be done by Sony. In my case they changed the lens unit under warranty and it is now OK. There are lots of posts on the picture profiles that also make a difference to how sharp the picture is recorded. I also found that the autofocus is not very good and I never use it. I always manual focus have distance scale showing and have peaking on all the time as a second check of whats in focus. The NX5U is very critical to focus.

Ron Evans