Hxr-nx70e at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old September 8th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Tourist

Hxr-nx70e

Hello all,

This is my first post here, I'm taking it that the camera I have, the NX70E is the European version of the NX70U ??
I believe that's what I read somewhere?....

My issue is this, I noticed yesterday when using the camera to film a wedding, that when you zoom in fully on for instance a face, or aerial on a roof, that when at full zoom the camera is not focusing sharply, its slightly out of focus, (that's in auto mode) not manual.

I can however flick to manual and focus it sharply.

Just wondered if anyone else has come across this, or do I need to refer it to Sony??

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Dean
Dean Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Hxr-nx70e

Hi Dean,

Yes, the NX70U is the USA version of the NX70E that we have over in the United States of Europe.

Was the wedding in low light? I found the auto-focus just giving up sometimes in low light at full telephoto, it caught me out once or twice. I just look for the peaking now, it keeps me in check. Normally I use push auto (or manual) anyway though.
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Tourist

Hi, No the wedding was held outside, and it was whilst outside that i had the issue, (very bright sun) I havent really got to grips with all the features of the camera, ( just using what i know about atm) but when you talk about peaking....... can you explain a bit more please...... I will also dig out the manual and read up about it,

cheers.
Dean Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Trustee

Peaking will show a coloured border around areas of the image that are in focus, and can help you get critical focus on a small LCD or viewfinder. Dig around the camera/audio menu for that option.

Touch focus can also be handy, where you stab an area of the LCD with your finger and it should focus quickly.
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders