Sony NX5U Headphones at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:08 AM   #1
Tourist

Sony NX5U Headphones

This is my first post on the site thou not the first time this site has helped me with a problem. I have a Sony NX5U and last night was the first time ever I tried to use headphones. I plugged them in nothing..Question: Is there any internal setting I need to do? or just the ones outside the camera. Thanks for any advice one can give.
Brian Alberda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sony NX5U Headphones

Did you use the volume control on the keypad to increase the volume? Use the selector on the rear to select the channel you wanted to hear?

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Tourist

Boy do I feel stupid.....It helps if I turn up the volume on the key pad a big thanks to Ron :)
Brian Alberda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Don't feel bad. Last night at the wedding reception, during cocktail hour, I couldn't hear thru my phones. Hmmm? I checked the volume to them, perfect, made sure my wireless was on, yep, made sure my hypercaroid was plugged in, yep. What the heck?!?!?!
After some soul searching I finally realized that sparks won't jump that far and decided to plug my headphones into the camera. Ah, now that's better. ;-(
I guess I was off in my own little dream world but it does happen to us all at 1 time or another.

O|O
\--/
Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:55 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Alberda View Post
Boy do I feel stupid.....It helps if I turn up the volume on the key pad a big thanks to Ron :)
Glad it all turned out well.

The other thing to watch if you are reaching up in the dark, is the button on the bottom right of the keypad. It alternates display between userbits and timecode. One night I was really worried that I thought I had pressed record and it showed recording but the numbers weren't changing !!! It was up high on the tripod so I hadn't noticed I had hit this button and the display was showing users bits. Luckily I didn't panic and just carried on until there was a short break and then found out what I had done !!! I had three other cameras recording anyway.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders