DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/)
-   -   Camera bag recommendation for NX5U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxcam-avchd-camcorders/515189-camera-bag-recommendation-nx5u.html)

Robert Lee March 20th, 2013 01:43 PM

Camera bag recommendation for NX5U

Hi everyone:

Just a general question for everyone. B&H no longer carry the old Kata CC 193, and don't know much if the new 193 one is better, beyond what I see in the photos. So just looking for camera bag recommendations or feedback to know if the newer one is better.

Thanks!

Robert

Jack Temple March 20th, 2013 07:43 PM

Re: Camera bag recommendation for NX5U

I have the Petrol PDRB 3 which has been discontinued but it's been replaced by the PC 003 which is very similar. I've been completely happy with the construction and quality of their bags. I also have the NX5u and there's plenty of room for accessories etc...

Ken Hall March 21st, 2013 02:17 AM

Robert,
I have just bought the Kata 192 for my NX5. The quality is superb. I went for the 192 instead of the 193 as I do not carry any extras other than a spare battery. It is a very tight fit with the mic attached but perfect for what I needed. If you need some room for a few extras the 193 should be ok.

This is my first "pro" camera bag so I cannot compare it to any others but I am very pleased with it.

Best wishes,

Ken

Mike Beckett March 21st, 2013 04:05 AM

Ken,

That's an excellent bag... the new Katas are a bit better than the old CC- range in my opinion (I have a CC-193 as well). I got the CC-195 for my new Panasonic AC130, and am delighted with it. It's just really a re-style of the old CC range, I think the zips are better and the build is a bit better (with stiff inserts to keep the shape of the bag). I think the shoulder strap is a better design too.

In theory I should have bought the same one as you, but I wanted something that could fit the camera with the mic and softie mounted to it. I've spent too long dismantling my camera before putting it in its case, I just want to be able to unzip the bag and be ready for action.

Excellent bags at reasonable prices, in my opinion.

Robert Lee March 21st, 2013 04:01 PM

The Petro's are nice but may be out of my budgt. but I"m also glad to hear the new 193 are just as good.
I may be leaning towards the later (easy on the wallet. :) ) but I'll start shopping around for a good price.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Ron Evans March 21st, 2013 04:19 PM

I have a Lowepro backpack that carries my NX5U, XR500, CX700, NX30, batteries for all, LANC controllers , headphones and there is a pocket for a laptop too. Best thing I bought. I can carry everything other than the tripods on my back.

Ron Evans

Rob Cantwell March 21st, 2013 06:45 PM

this is what i have, mine's blue colour.
http://static.bhphoto.com/images/ima...500/400706.jpg
i bought it second-hand when i got my NX5, I find it very good for the camera and light spare batteries and other assorted stuff.

Robert Lee March 22nd, 2013 03:08 PM

Thanks everyone.

I went to the store and was about to purchase the 193, only to be told that they had just sold it to a larger client, but they were nice enough to upgrade me to the bigger 195 at the 193 price.

My only concern was that there's a slight gap in-between the duo zippers, so that there is a remote possibility that heavy rain or particles could get inside the bag. But the bigger size, and the material quality was enough to outweight the minor flaw. That and I can always throw a plastic covering inside to insure nothing gets wet...

Robert

Tom Hardwick March 22nd, 2013 03:23 PM

PCCB-2N Petrol bag here and it's perfect for the NX5, Liliput, K6/ME66, LED light and lots of batteries. At the BVE show in London last month Petrol were showing a neat LED strip light that would velcro anywhere inside the bag. Neat! Why didn't I think of that?

tom.

Junior Pascual March 28th, 2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Evans (Post 1785803)
I have a Lowepro backpack that carries my NX5U, XR500, CX700, NX30, batteries for all, LANC controllers , headphones and there is a pocket for a laptop too. Best thing I bought. I can carry everything other than the tripods on my back.

Ron Evans

Ron, what's the model number/style of that Lowpro backpack?

Thanks!

Jr. Pascual
49 Productions

Ron Evans April 1st, 2013 02:05 PM

Sorry for the slow reply it is a CompuTrekker Plus AW. Not sure what the equivalent model is now.

Ron Evans

Roger Oconnell May 9th, 2013 07:41 AM

I use the Kata BP-502 backpack. It holds the NX5 perfectly and can hold even more. Its great for me because I like hiking and outdoors filming, so I can put the NX5 as well as a DLSR body and some smaller sized lenses.