HXR-NX5 bayonet mount question. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old April 10th, 2013, 05:26 AM   #1
New Boot

HXR-NX5 bayonet mount question.

Hello, I currently own an NX5 camcorder, and I have a question to ask. I was wondering whether or not the bayonet mount for other Sony HDV camcorders (HVR-Z1 and HDR-FX1 to be specifc) would fit onto the HXR-NX5.

a TV station is going DSLR, so they are selling off their HD camcorder stuff. I was figuring of getting in on the spoils.

Thanks
- Roger
Roger Oconnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 02:38 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: HXR-NX5 bayonet mount question.

If it helps Roger, the NX5 wide angle fits the HVR-Z5. I have it at home, not sure if there are any useful measurements I can give you that you don't already have.
Ryan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Jones View Post
If it helps Roger, the NX5 wide angle fits the HVR-Z5. I have it at home, not sure if there are any useful measurements I can give you that you don't already have.
That's because the Z5 is the same physical size overall as the NX5and their consumer equivalents, AX2000 & FX1000 respectively. The Z1/FX1 case is a different size, but the bayonet for the lens hood may be the same size.
Steve Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #4
New Boot

Yes that is true. NX5 and Z5 are very identical cameras. But if the Z1/FX1000 bayo is pretty much the same as the NX5, then I'm looking at saving a lot of money right now.
Roger Oconnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #5
Inner Circle

No, the bayonet on the Z1 and the NX5 are different. The filter threads are the same at 72mm, but the bayonets are different so that you won't accidentally attach the Z1's hood to the NX5 and get vignetted images.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders