FMU Failure. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Major Player

FMU Failure.

This past Saturday I was filming a wedding and for the first time ever in 2 years, I got an error saying that the camera was unable to record to the flash drive.

It was an evening wedding and I started filming at 5:00 PM. Fortunately, this occurred at 11:15 PM as the couple was leaving the reception. I mean it happened right as they were running down the exit line to the antique car and were about 5 feet from when the error popped up on screen.

After that, it said, "Recovering Data" or something like that.

When I got home and checked it had everything up to the point where they were.

The good thing is (1) It happened really late in the event (2) The SD card had the full scene captured.

Hence forth, why I will never by any solid state camera that doesn't have dual recording functionality!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: FMU Failure.

I forgot to mention, that camera was basically on the entire 6+ hours (not filming of course), and it was a balmy 80+ degrees w/ 100% humidity outside (outdoor wedding to boot). I'm not sure if that had something to do with it or not. I've never run the camera for the length of time.

I used a single F970 battery that whole time too, so I was pretty impressed with that. At the end of the evening, it said I had 12 minutes worth of charge left. So I'm not sure if low juice could have impacted the FMU either.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders