Camera crapped out. What's going on?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old June 27th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #1
Major Player

Camera crapped out. What's going on??

I was filming today and the camera just shut off. I quickly changed to a spare battery and then the A/C power, but they both did the strangest thing. The camera will power on, but no display information shows, even after pushing the display button. The camera will not record or do anything other than power on. It won't even power off. You have to remove the power supply for that. Every time it's turned on it's also fully zoomed out. I tried the reset button, but it didn't do anything to fix the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Camera crapped out. What's going on??

A lot of cameras have a total 'reset' button hidden somewhere. Try that if it has one. Failing that it may be a trip to the workshop.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders