Sony Extends HXRFMU128 Rebate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders
Sony HXR-NX100, HXR-NX70, NX30, NX5, NX3/1, HXR-MC2500, HDR-AX2000, etc.

Old March 29th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #1
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

Sony Extends HXRFMU128 Rebate

Sony has extended the $500 Mail-in Rebate for the HXRFMU128 Flash Memory Unit through April 30, 2010!

So, for those of you that have them on order, but have not received them due to back-order's, no worries!

With this extension, Tapeoworks Texas Inc is also extending the Free CamRade CBS1 Cambag offer until April 30, 2010! See Tapeworks Texas Inc HXR-NX5U Promo thread in the sticky section of this forum for additional information.

Scott Cantrell
Tapeworks Texas Inc - DVinfo Sponser
tapeworksscott@sbcglobal.net
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:52 AM   #2
New Boot

You sure? In order to qualify for the rebate, Sony must have your documents before April 30th and purchased before March 31. That's what I've read on Sony's site.

Hope I'm wrong...
Ivan George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 07:45 AM   #3
Major Player

No B&H has this too...there's a new rebate form that is effective through April 30, and must be postmarked by May 31st: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWor...er_090534A.pdf
Michael Murie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:08 PM   #4
New Boot

Well that's good news!
Ivan George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #5
Regular Crew

The way I read the rebate form is you must have ordered by 3/31/2010 and you must have it shipped to you by 4/30/2010 because you need the UPC code off the box to get the rebate. So there is no longer a rebate on purchasing the FMU128
Dave Luda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #6
Regular Crew

rebate update

I spoke to the Sony marketing people at NAB who confirmed that you were out of luck if you didn't purchase the FMU by March 31st. The extension for filing the rebate is extended, but not the purchase deadline. I asked them is they would consider extending the rebate period, but the answer I got was no.

The only way to get a rebate now is to purchase the NX5U AND purchase the FMU as an accessory and apply for the Sony NAB discount rebate of $250.

John
John Vasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 07:37 AM   #7
New Boot

Looks like John is correct.

https://www.rebate-zone.com/SubmitTe...t&current=true

Receive a $500 rebate by mail following the purchase of a Sony HXR-FMU128 Flash Memory Recording Unit. Offer valid on purchases of eligible product from January 6, 2010 through March 31, 2010. Eligible models must be ordered from a Sony Authorized Reseller, Third Party Reseller of an Authorized Distributor or directly from Sony by March 31, 2010 and shipped to end user customer by April 30, 2010 to be eligible for rebate. For check delivery, please allow 8-10 weeks following postmark of properly completed submission. All claims must be submitted online and all supporting paperwork for claims must be postmarked no later than May 31, 2010. Submission must include serial number and copies of dated purchase receipt/invoice and original eligible product UPC code, and must be mailed to the provided address. Limit one rebate per product purchased to end-users. Rebate check will not be delivered to P.O. Boxes. Offer is not transferable. Sony reserves the right to request additional information to validate a claim, making it subject to U.S. postal regulations. Offer void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Sony is not responsible for claims or checks lost, damaged, or delayed in transit unless Sony has been negligent. Submitted materials become Sony property and will not be returned. Products for which rebate is claimed may not be returned (limited warranty claims excluded). Offer valid only in the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii and excluding territories. Offer not valid on refurbished, open-box, or returned products, or demonstration products. Sony reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
By selecting I ACCEPT, you agree that you have read, understand and accept the terms and conditions above. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, select I DO NOT ACCEPT and your pre-qualification will be cancelled.
Stephen Pinchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 05:55 AM   #8
New Boot

edited

I have misinformed you about the rebate, hence the edit.

Last edited by Luke Ho; April 20th, 2010 at 09:08 AM.
Luke Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #9
Regular Crew

another conversation with Sony rebate center

Hi, Luke...

I was hoping that your information was correct, but I called the Sony rebate center on the phone today and they confirmed what I was told at NAB...that the purchase date had to be by 3/31/10. The only date that was extended was the mail-in date for the rebate forms. I quoted your email thread with Lisa over the phone to the Sony rebate center, but they said that person was misinformed or was interpreting the information incorrectly. That said, if you do get a rebate check for $500, you have slipped through the cracks and you should frame it on your wall! John
John Vasey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM / AVCHD Camcorders