Sony to expand 35mm large format NXCAM lineup - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old March 15th, 2011, 05:52 PM   #151
Regular Crew

Re: FS-100 NXCAM S35mm Sony Camera Has A Name:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Mozora View Post
FS-100 NXCAM S35mm Sony Camera Has A Name:

On the 23rd of March expect that the new Sony NXCAM Super 35mm Cine Compact camera with removable lens will officially be called the FS-100? You can also bet money that regional editions of the Sony NXCAM will be sold as the FS-100E, FS-100P, FS-100U etc but will come to be universally called the Sony FS-100 NXCAM camera. NB theses are tips we received and sources have a great track record so far.
Prices bandied about for the Sony FS-100 NXCAM S35mm camera have been $7,000 and $6,000 but we have had a few whispers that it could well be lower than $6k.
Keep watching for the March 23 NXCAM showing when all is revealed.

Sony FS-100 NXCAM S35mm E Mount
FS-100 features a single 23.6mm x 13.3mm F11 ISO800 Exmor Super35 CMOS sensor which is the same as the the PMW-F3 camera Sensor.
Interchangeable lenses attach to the camera via E-mount. Third party manufacturer lens mounts will be available for other type of camera lenses.
Records AVCHD Full HD.
The S35mm NXCAM sports a 3.5″ flip-out monitor sits on the top of the camera which makes the modular design look like a Hasselblad camera.
Expect plenty of 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 screw mounts on the cameras body.
There will be a mic extension removable top handle and right side hand grip also removable.

Keep an eye out for Sony announcements on the Sony FS-100 NXCAM.

FS-100 NXCAM S35mm Sony Camera Has A Name: | Cinescopophilia

This March 23 showing which will unveil the 35mm NXCAM, the compact NXCAM, and the 3-D NXCAM, will it be online or at some private press only Sony corporate meeting in either Japan, Europe or North America? I keep hearing about this March 23 unveil, but, when, where, and at what time?

Ozzy
Ozzy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #152
Major Player

Re: Sony to expand 35mm large format NXCAM lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Alvarez View Post
This March 23 showing which will unveil the 35mm NXCAM, the compact NXCAM, and the 3-D NXCAM, will it be online or at some private press only Sony corporate meeting in either Japan, Europe or North America?....

Ozzy
It's a guarantee that all the info will be repeated throughout the different forums within seconds of the embargo being lifted. So March 23 visit this thread and your questions should be answered.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 07:47 AM   #153
Trustee

I wonder with the tsunami and power plant problems, if Sony will delay the release of information.

I read that Sony in Japan was hit pretty hard and their having rolling blackout throughout the country, which is obviously delaying productions and other things like even shipping of products.
Many like Sony, Panasonic, San Disk etc. have already donated millions to relief efforts.

While business is business I think the focus and priorities have shifted right now in Japan.
And understandably so.
Old March 17th, 2011, 08:00 AM   #154
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot View Post
I wonder with the tsunami and power plant problems, if Sony will delay the release of information...
I don't think they will. Now delivery times maybe delayed but not the release of the information. There are quite a few companies that have all the info we need but can't talk about it till March 23. I know Abel Cine is one of them.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:42 PM   #155
Regular Crew

PICTURES AND DETAILS here........
Sony FS-100 enters | crews.tv
Anthony Mozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:15 AM   #156
Major Player

Wow its kinda fuglee and awkward but for some reason I still want it. No wonder Sony realeased the specs before the pics.
Min Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:38 AM   #157
Regular Crew

It looks like the EX3 and the VG10 got together to have an offspring.
Ozzy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:50 AM   #158
Regular Crew

Hmm I dont know what to say about it, in some ways I like it in other ways I dont. I think the size and modular design could be good, it looks like its not much larger than an SLR. Also it will fit onto my shoulder rig nicely which is cool.

However I am concerned about the lack of ND filters, that could almost be a deal breaker,
Jonathan Palfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:57 AM   #159
Inner Circle

The layout looks more interesting than the very traditional F3 handicam layout, I can see people getting brackets to reposition V/F.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:43 AM   #160
Regular Crew

another negative spec for this new camera is that does not have a DUAL CARD SLOT but only one.

''We also get one card slot which once again is an unusual choice as most solid state camcorders give you two card slots. ''
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:02 AM   #161
Regular Crew

creativevideo uk has allready listed this camera

http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/index...ny_nex-fs100ek

Sony NEX-FS100EK (NEXFS100EK) Super 35mm Exmor CMOS Sensor Camcorder with 11x Zoom E-Mount Lens

The NXCAM NEX-FS100EK Super 35mm camcorder has been developed specifically for shooting truly stunning images at low cost. The high sensitivity, large format CMOS sensor is capable of producing full 1920 x 1080 progressive images with shallow depth of field similar to that of a film camera.

For even more creative flexibility, the NEX-FS100 also enables extended continuous recording and simultaneous recording of HD video footage for instant backup with an HXR-FMU128 Flash Memory Unit. These and other valuable features make this compact, high performance camera ideal for producing everything from low budget commercials, music videos and documentaries to wedding videos.

The NEX-FS100EK is supplied with the E 18–200mm F3.5–6.3 OSS) E-Mount lens, with 11x zoom power. An ultra-compact E-Mount wide-angle lens and 3x zoom lens are also available as options.

This product also comes with the full PrimeSupport package. That’s fast, hassle-free repairs, a helpline offering expert technical advice, and a free loan unit while yours is repaired. Plus the peace of mind that Sony is looking after your equipment – and your business

also proav in uk

is selling BODY only and the KIT with the lense separataly
http://www.proav.co.uk/Cameras-Camco...1154_c478.aspx
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:25 AM   #162
Inner Circle

The Sony Site:

Sony Product Detail Page NEXFS100U

http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/product/nx...s100e/overview

http://www.sony.co.uk/res/attachment...7480643259.pdf

Last edited by Brian Drysdale; March 23rd, 2011 at 05:10 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:33 AM   #163
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Mozora View Post
another negative spec for this new camera is that does not have a DUAL CARD SLOT but only one.

''We also get one card slot which once again is an unusual choice as most solid state camcorders give you two card slots. ''
I assume Sony thinks that 170 min recording time with 32Gbit of memory is enough for most situations.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:45 AM   #164
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Drysdale View Post
I assume Sony thinks that 170 min recording time with 32Gbit of memory is enough for most situations.
Yes it is enough but I was hoping for a simultaneous recording on both SD for instant backup, cause SD cards are not reliable. I recently bought the NX5 and during my first shooting a media card error came very suddenly to the monitor and since then I dont trust the media . (of course there is the option of the 128unit for this camera and this is good )
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:49 AM   #165
Inner Circle

There could be an accessory that allows more cards, since Sony seem to be describing this as a modular camera.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta