Sony NEX-FS100 Camera Test - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old April 17th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #91
Major Player

Re: Sony NEX-FS100 Camera Test

I find the FS100 to be a very exciting camera and was looking forward to reading this post. But the more I read the more irritated I got.

Doug has used and shot beautiful images with this camera. Just look at the demo reel he has shot posted in another thread. I have only seen it online, but looks good to me. So why anyone is claiming otherwise and going at him again and again is beyond me. Seriously. Give him a break. He is interested to share his knowledge with us. And you should be grateful.

I remember when I started out. My very first camera was a VHS- C model from Orion, with a record button, an on/ off button and manual zoom. That was it. And I was happy with it. That was many years ago, however. But I worked hard, filming weddings for friends and family and made good money. Then I moved on. Today we are swamped with wonderful cameras and still complain?

Doug, thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. I am very grateful you are taking your time. I live in Norway and am not able to come to NAB.

Internet and technology however is a wonderful thing.
Svein Rune Skilnand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #92
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
By the way, the advantage of what a non-engineer calls "techno babble" is that it provides a perspective into the industry that can save thousands of dollars and wasted time.
What an engineer calls "techno babble" is argument based on supposition rather than facts. The old instruction for professional engineers: "in argument clearly differentiate between 'I know' and 'I think'."

Last edited by Serena Steuart; April 18th, 2011 at 01:15 AM.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #93
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kalle View Post
The 10% number is directly from Apple's white paper http://images.apple.com/finalcutstud..._ProRes_WP.pdf

According to Dan Keaton at Convergent Design, no camera has a 10bit HDMI output.

Because 10bit HDMI connectors are so rare, I would need proof that the Atomos Ninja is even using true 10bit HDMI hardware before considering it. Same goes for the Aja Mini (although it has 10bit SDI).
Atomos hardware supports HDMI 1.3 and uses well-respected chipsets. HDMI 1.3 supports 10-bit and even higher bit-depths. ProRes is intrinsically 10 bit.

Dave Shapton
President
Atomos EMEA
David Stuart Shapton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta