First shoot with FS100 this weekend at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta

Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta
An interchangeable lens AVCHD camcorder using E-Mount lenses.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

First shoot with FS100 this weekend

I'm getting an FS-100 on Friday and won't have a ton of time to "learn" the camera for a shoot I have Saturday. It's a multi-cam shoot with an interesting combination of cameras including a Sony 350 and Canon 5D. I won't use the FS100 in critical situations so if it turns out terrible it won't be a big deal. Any tips on getting started?

Cheers
RM
Robert McGowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: First shoot with FS100 this weekend

Hi Robert,

Not sure how familiar you are with Sony's HDV/NXCAM menu structure, but if you're familiar with picture profiles, I'd go with the standard gamma with 709 color mode. Unlike in the other HDV/NXCAM cameras there are no hyper gammas. Just gamma curves. Also the monitor is a bit on the dark side. Go into the menu and change it to "bright". Even then it's still a bit on the dark side so be careful not to over expose.

Good luck, let us know how it worked out.

Dan
Dan Crowell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony NXCAM NEX-FS100 CineAlta